Fordmods Logo

The blue headlights? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:47 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

BOY, O, BOY, O, BOY......

For those of you who jumped in, in middle of discussions, WITHOUT paying attention or Properly Reading the thread, here is how this thread started

Dyl wrote:
“Was looking at the globes for my headlights that apparently make them 50% brighter was wondering if they were the ones that were bluey in colour? any info?â€￾
Then he received few replies.

The mistake started when blinkAU mentioned “ Real HIDâ€￾….

After that none of you guys paid any attention to what I wrote.

Referral to legalities were made to THE Blue Tinted or Xenon filled HALOGEN Bulbs or what I call as “Fakeâ€￾ Xenon Bulbs, which is the reason this thread. started.

I even asked Mechan1k to move any further discussions about HID to the other thread.

Sorry guys, you all have been wasting your own time and now mine as well.
Have fun,
mavs19

Have fun,
mavs19

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

mavs19 wrote:
BOY, O, BOY, O, BOY......

For those of you who jumped in, in middle of discussions, WITHOUT paying attention or Properly Reading the thread, here is how this thread started

Dyl wrote:
“Was looking at the globes for my headlights that apparently make them 50% brighter was wondering if they were the ones that were bluey in colour? any info?â€￾
Then he received few replies.

The mistake started when blinkAU mentioned “ Real HIDâ€￾….

After that none of you guys paid any attention to what I wrote.

Referral to legalities were made to THE Blue Tinted or Xenon filled HALOGEN Bulbs or what I call as “Fakeâ€￾ Xenon Bulbs, which is the reason this thread. started.

I even asked Mechan1k to move any further discussions about HID to the other thread.

Sorry guys, you all have been wasting your own time and now mine as well.
Have fun,
mavs19

I don't know what your problem is, but thats how a healthy discussion goes. If the topic changes direction slightly so what. The change of discussion feeds new ideas, gives the thread originator something else to consider.
Throughout all this a question was asked and I answered it, end of story.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:35 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Dear madmax,

My last post was not intended to be personal nor was it directed to you.
It was directed to everyone who went off the track.
Sure it is very educating to change direction to give the thread originator something else to consider…. And since there is a much longer a more informative HID thread going on with facts, he was directed to the other thread. All the basic issues that were touched on this thread had already been discussed in far more factual details on HID thread. Why waste time and effort duplicating??

I believe, that the best way to advise people to do the right thing is through correct and well informed factual education.
Not through dumping on them or by scare tactics, with uninformed comments.

As you very well know, the ONLY reason why those warning lines are included on their website is for the manufacturer/retailer to cover themselves.
Due to lack or resources in order to preform what is necessary to comply with ADR requirement and the fact that the market is too small to justify such expenditure.
Also, If one company spend time, money and effort getting any After Market Xenon Kit ADR approved, all others will get a free ride.
So, probably eceryone is waitng for someone else to do the job.

Those couple of lines, however, is not stopping them from continuing to sell HID kits nor is it stopping customer from buying kits from these companies.

Also, as you should know, you can make alteration to any vehicle and get the alteration approved. Provided you got proper paper work, take it to the Road Authorities.

Here is a fact for you. Every time you tint your windows, or you change to non Genuine Alloy wheels, etc. etc. you are breaking the ADR.
Have you seen anyone commenting on these issues??

I have advised on the HID thread all the guys to keep the choice of the bulb and its temperature, on the legal side of things, or, why an After Market Kit won’t work properly on a standard reflector and so on.

The ONLY way you can have a HID Xenon light system that is going to work is what is being presently discussed on HID thread. See you there.

And if you honestly think about it, you did not reply to any questions on this thread. You offered an opinion out of the blue in the wrong context.

Enough of this visit the other thread, it is about to start getting very exciting.

Have fun,
mavs19

Have fun,
mavs19

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3