Fordmods Logo

tint tailights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: tint tailights
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 ford falcon ba xt

WA, Australia

hey all, im looking at tinting the tailights on my ba falcon, ive seen a few going around with done and looks pretty mint but just a couple of quistions so i do it right

* is it just as simple as covering the indicator with masking tape to keep it cleap?
*and also what would be the best stuff to use to do the tint?

thanks guys

Post subject: Re: tint tailights
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

someone correct me if im wrong dont quote me on this but i believe tinted tailights are illegal

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

Legality depends on local regulations - in some places it's ok as long as everything lights up the right colour and the reflectors still look factory.

Supercheap sell cans of spray called "Night Shades" - I think it's a VHT product - a few coats of that, rub back lightly then coat in clear, and polish.

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

I got told its clear red and black all mixed up in 1 can, and in some states its ilegal like nsw and I think you can really do 3 coats rubbing back in between coats and its dark enough a mates brother did his bf and it looked good until he stopped and could only see the spoiler light up ( he layed down about 9 coats without sanding it)

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

i put 3 thin coats on my BA, no rubbing back or clear coating or anything. still shows red on the reflectors but looks nice and dark and glossy. Plenty of light gets through even on a really bright sunny day
Its VHT nightshades. About $20 a can from autobarn IIRC

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

if you want to keep the indicators clear just use masking tape. just make sure there is no bubbles in the tape or it will run into them

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 ford falcon ba xt

WA, Australia

thanks guys i dont want it to dark but, your purple xr looks mint with the 3 coats might go for that

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]