TURBO EA have a look 

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i like both cars... but the gold ef was mayby just a lil more interesting../different... the pink ea is very smooth though... points for being unique... :wink:

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

thanks for the positive feed back fordfreak ef ! yeah i went all out with the ef on the kit , i had a gt kit on the ea , but removed it b4 its new respray because i think it looks nice n neat just like that , and doesnt cause too much attention.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

actauly i was holding back on d credit.... i actualy can see past the pink phobia thing of the ea... i think its brave what you did n i think it stands above the pack nicely without being tacky.... i loved your ef... pity the new owner... now i know how its being treated.. i wished i owned it... so it would stay in a mad condition... ur ef was tops! 8-)

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yeah a 3 layer pearl paint job every colour of the rainbow won't stand out... :lol:

I wasn't having a go in my above post, and the fact that you're a spray painter and that you sold the car to someone else explains it all.

What does it cost in actual materials (paint) to do a pearl respray like that ?

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

the ea colour is very different, if u wer to see it in person ud say THATS ORANGE untill the sun hits it it changes thru its pearls. but yea somtimes u gotta try things to be different hey.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car spray my car... :lol: my ef fairmont is toyota appliance/fridge white... sooo sexy... not... i would like a cool colour that stands out in the same way yours does... mayb just a lil more subtle though... would love to traul through a fpv colour catalogue... 8-)

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:35 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ok hyena, the reason the many colours show is because the base coat is a orange metalic then the blue pearl is applied then the pearl with clear n then ur 100% clear coat , all up the car has 7 clear coats, when the blue pearl is applied over the orange this gives it its pink/voilet effect, then in direct sunlight the pearl is storng and there fore u can see the blue, i didnt mention every colour in hte rainbow man, to paint the car cost me the materials only , i hav my own buisniess with a mate , we do custom paint jobs and as of next week hopfully an authorized SNORT PERFORMANCE DEALER, . keep in touch ill be posting more next week about the business.
cheers

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

no problem ford freak
i can help u with that , i would recoment a purple or green pearl over the white this will give ur boaring white car a green or purple flip in direct sunlight or under street lights etc.... i have in stock BA mandarin orange or a purple close to phantom ,but a complete colour change will be dearer than a pearl over standard, for u have to spray the door boot bonnet jams etc , but yeah im more than happy to give u a quote if u can get me pic on the car comditoion

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

turboef wrote:
no problem ford freak
i can help u with that , i would recoment a purple or green pearl over the white this will give ur boaring white car a green or purple flip in direct sunlight or under street lights etc.... i have in stock BA mandarin orange or a purple close to phantom ,but a complete colour change will be dearer than a pearl over standard, for u have to spray the door boot bonnet jams etc , but yeah im more than happy to give u a quote if u can get me pic on the car comditoion
just look in the "exterior forums" under the "rate my ride forum" thats my car!! and me in the 1st pic!!.. a quote would be lovely...

Post subject: nice paint
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Fairmont EF

NSW, Australia

looks good mate, I just finshed respraying my car, it was a white EF Fairmont is now orange with gold pearl and EL XR front, Im a panel beater, did all of the work myself except the painting, huge job, cost me just on $2000 just for materials. Car is in gallery if you want to check it out

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha have seen ur car in the gallery before... i saved ur car into my computer! so ur the guy behind the car... was a good job you did!... i would love the el tickford skirt kit minus any rear wings... would almost do the trip to goulburn to see your car in person.. looks mad n certainly looks like it would stand out above the rest!

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

hey,

i reckon thats an awsome job on the ea, looks nice and fresh with the new paint job. Plus i reckon the colour is f**k awsome, one horn looking ea ! ! ! might have to hook you up for some spraying, my bro has a couple of cars in melbourne that need a spray on them !

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

how much rwkw was the EF making? or 1/4 times?

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:16 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

I must agree with most of the other post... that is a nice car you have there.... very original and you are sure to stand out.! My EF is the factory blue that I am very fond of.

Good work.!! we should all have Spray painter friends

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

thanx for the replies guys, FALCONGT351 ur ef came up very nice man well done!
SOUTHY the ef had 180rwkw on low boost , never went any futher with it coz i lost my lice with the single spinner lolnce so i sold it haha it ran a crusty 13.45 with the single spinner lol, but yeah the ea is going to be much much better , ill keep yas posted on the build!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next