Fordmods Logo

*Update* Car is displayed at FDC, new photos page 11 :) 

Page 4 of 16 [ 227 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

y are you useing the ea rear panels (behind the glass), just wondering?

everything is loking nice and smooooth looking forward to the showcar result. keep up the good work :)

p.s. are you moulding the kit to the body or bolting it on?

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Awesome work steve cant wait to see it finished!
Its been a few years now!
The only time i saw it was at a caa meet at the westgate bridge!

Nicko

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

rushed wrote:
y are you useing the ea rear panels (behind the glass), just wondering?

Steve is proud of the fact its an EA, and IMO the vented C pillars look better :)

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

good on u rymers....just one question...are u just doing the exterior of the car? and keeping the engine bay the same as it was? I would have loved to have done that to my EA if it didn't have any major rust spots running across the top of the windscreen.

Did it take you ages? cause i was planning on doing my EL and painting it midnight blue or black.

cheers

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

engine bay is already sprayed.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA falcon

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
good on u rymers....just one question...are u just doing the exterior of the car? and keeping the engine bay the same as it was? I would have loved to have done that to my EA if it didn't have any major rust spots running across the top of the windscreen.

Did it take you ages? cause i was planning on doing my EL and painting it midnight blue or black.

cheers

phong =P~

As john said the engine bay was sprayed a long time ago. Yes it has taken me ages, but only because i have only been working on it maybe a couple of hours per fortnight for the last two years, plus the fact that i was doing other stuff like body kit bonnet etc aswell :P. If you were to really get into it, i reckon i could have had the paintjob finished in about 3weeks minus all the body work..

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

sweet.....i was planning on getting the whole car respray painted. so removing interior out (at the same time i get to fix any minor imperections) and also the engine bay....would probably take me about half a year to do? btw not doing 2 hours a fornight...doing about a day or 2 a week.

with the spray painting...im guessing ur getting it done in a booth?

cheers

phong =P~

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:56 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

rushed wrote:
p.s. are you moulding the kit to the body or bolting it on?

Not sure what you mean by that but if you mean whether the body skirts will be joined to the bumpers/body then no, they will not be moulded into looking like one peice...

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
sweet.....i was planning on getting the whole car respray painted. so removing interior out (at the same time i get to fix any minor imperections) and also the engine bay....would probably take me about half a year to do? btw not doing 2 hours a fornight...doing about a day or 2 a week.

cheers

phong =P~

You should be able to the strip the car in about a week or less. I know it didn't take us all that long to do. Yes the paint will be done in a proper spray booth :)

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Rmyers wrote:
phongus wrote:

cheers

phong =P~

You should be able to the strip the car in about a week or less. I know it didn't take us all that long to do. Yes the paint will be done in a proper spray booth :)

cool.....im contemplating on doing this then hahaha.....cheers and by watching this and also reading this topic i am sure i can do it myself...good luck and i can't wait till the finish result. good on u rymers

phong =P~

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the biggest thing with a respray is the prep work.
if you can push yourself to do the hard work for hours and hours each day, you'll get it done.
its one of those things that you need to spend a lot of time on before you see results so its hard to keep yourself going.

Steve had been slack a lot of the time and not done much on the car unless there was a 2nd person helping (likely me ;) )
but lately he's taken it apon himself to get out there by himself and get it done, and a lot of progress has been made in the past 3 weeks.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
its one of those things that you need to spend a lot of time on before you see results so its hard to keep yourself going.

Right on the money. Relatively big projects like this always suck, as sooo much time can be spent to only see very little progress (which for me quickly kills enthusiasm). For example, today i spent 4-5 hours sanding ONE door jam (body side only, haven't done the doors yet :P). Add to that, you need to sand the door jams twice (first in 800grit then 1200), so it basically takes a full 7-8hrs per door jam. Now x that by 8 (remember 4 body sides, 4 door sides), and you'll basically be sanding non stop 8 hour days for around a week. Granted that i'm trying to get them absolutely perfect, but even a quick job will take you at least 4 full days easy. Door jams are the hardst things to do tho, so once that's out of the way you will start seeing some better progress.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:15 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Rmyers wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:

Right on the money. Relatively big projects like this always suck, as sooo much time can be spent to only see very little progress (which for me quickly kills enthusiasm). For example, today i spent 4-5 hours sanding ONE door jam (body side only, haven't done the doors yet :P). Add to that, you need to sand the door jams twice (first in 800grit then 1200), so it basically takes a full 7-8hrs per door jam. Now x that by 8 (remember 4 body sides, 4 door sides), and you'll basically be sanding non stop 8 hour days for around a week. Granted that i'm trying to get them absolutely perfect, but even a quick job will take you at least 4 full days easy. Door jams are the hardst things to do tho, so once that's out of the way you will start seeing some better progress.

did u do this by hand or with a power tool? im sure u can use a power tool to do the job quicker?

phong =P~

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:00 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
did u do this by hand or with a power tool? im sure u can use a power tool to do the job quicker?

phong =P~

I'm doing it all by hand. Never heard of any kind of power tool for wet rubbing, can't see how it'd be very effective either. I find it hard enough not to go through primer by hand, let alone with a power tool of some form...

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Rmyers wrote:
phongus wrote:

phong =P~

I'm doing it all by hand. Never heard of any kind of power tool for wet rubbing, can't see how it'd be very effective either. I find it hard enough not to go through primer by hand, let alone with a power tool of some form...

*shrugs* i always thought there was something you could use. alright then some elbow grease it would be....sometime in the future.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 16  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next