WA Road laws - re: Sharp edges on rear spoilers 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

dasmq wrote:
I think in NSW if a pedestrian can have a part of their bodies eg hands caught then it is deemed dangerous and illeagal also any sharp pertusions fitted or due to damage are teated the same way.

In saying that you could see 10 different police and get 10 different answers.

I was once pulled over for a random breath test and the officer told me my my bike that had just been over the pits was to loud and the pipe to short and all I told him was to take it up with the RTA as they approved the rego as it sat. I never was qestion from then on.

My daughter was pulled up late December for only having 1 P plate and when I rang the police station I was told that she should put the one P plate on the rear not the front and it would be alright. Don't know what the differance was but one General duties ( they booked her) and there Sargent have different ideas on the same prroblem.

All it takes is one officer in a bad mood and even a stocko car is illeagle.

The whole P plate thing is very stupid. My 'mate' got the can for it, $87 fine for his faded P plates.

But like you said its stupid that how one cop can be in a bad mood for it to change everything.

My mate got booked for his ATV in the pine reserve across the road from me. He has to go to court with unregistered, unroadworthy vechile in a road related area.
The 2nd cop to show up was like damn...pitty hes booking you hard, i would have given you a warning.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Yeh the reasoning was if a pedestrian came in contact with one of these points ... odd logic when youd have to ask what the pedestrian was doing there in the first place...with their arm outstretched or leaning over on to moving trafiic...ah well see what I can do.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Bob Hall wrote:
When did you move to Perth, Kev?
Cheers, Bob

few weeks back mate....im a canberran no more!

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

im pretty sure this is as pointy as yours Kev. oh oh yellow sticker for me :roll:

Attachments:
pointy wing.JPG
pointy wing.JPG [ 29.41 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Tocchi wrote:
im pretty sure this is as pointy as yours Kev. oh oh yellow sticker for me :roll:

Yeh its dumb and yh didnt realise the typhoons/Gt had such a pointy wing .. might use that as an example to say piss off.

Will see how it goes...gonna see if my engineer can certify it so they can shove it :P

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Its like this for a person to get hooked up on that wing they 1 have to be run over big time or dive out and hook up on it.

tell the cop to wake up and get a life.

BANNED

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Smart response bunter.

I love it how everyone gives the cops a bashing but they're the first people called when the s**t hits the fan and you need help.

Sometimes the rules don't make obvious sense. Sometimes the rules are made to save people from themselves too.

The angle on the photo makes it hard to determine if the wing is acceptable or not. A lot is determined by the attitude factor too. You give it out, it'll come flyng back to you.

If you are concerned get it permitted then when the boys in blue have a chat with you about it you can show them the permit and everything hunky dorey.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

mark wrote:
Smart response bunter.

I love it how everyone gives the cops a bashing but they're the first people called when the s**t hits the fan and you need help.

Sometimes the rules don't make obvious sense. Sometimes the rules are made to save people from themselves too.

The angle on the photo makes it hard to determine if the wing is acceptable or not. A lot is determined by the attitude factor too. You give it out, it'll come flyng back to you.

If you are concerned get it permitted then when the boys in blue have a chat with you about it you can show them the permit and everything hunky dorey.

Well that is just his open opinion which is cool and generally always been a hot topic...yes the cops do cop alot of flak and when your in a rough patch are generally the first point of call.....but on the flip side theres been just as much dodgyness from their part....youd be well aware living here how bad crime is with assaults, burgleries and the incredible and all ways rising road fatality count....yet the local authorities seem more occupied pulling over someone like myself stuck behind a truck doing 20 km/h behaving myself in a hotted up car....and being someone whos always abided by the road laws never lost a demerit or until now been pulled over....and too tell me my rims are big and I have a pointy edged wing....along with a few other issues.....they need to get there rpiorities sorted. I was polite and respectful and let him do his job....probably why I was lucky to just get the warning but cops do get there fair of s**t some tho shouldnt still have there jobs and others just need to put abit more thought in before acting

But thanks all for the input...I have discussed all the issues with my engineer back in Canberra and he believes it complies with VB14 that ACT and WA road laws adhere too....then I will see if the licencing guys here will also give me a permit here for the very lengthy list of mods Ive done...

The other thing that s**t me off....I know a few guys and there are loads more hoons out there that do thrash there cars and drive dangerosuly and do stupid things like hack up there springs etc...here I am and spend litterally thousands trying to get my car road worthy and stillmod it the way I want too..then this happens and im up for more money but oh well gotta do wat ya have too.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

mark wrote:
Smart response bunter.

people call the Police when they are needed but i dont see anyone ringing the police over a wing on a car (the wing carnt rob you or bash you or rape you or hijack a persons car), its just a wing on the boot of a car as long as it isnt haning over the sides with razor blades on the tips.

It can only hurt a person if, its not fixed on the car the right way so it dont fly off and hit a person, or a a person does a swan dive into it or trips on it if they are walking on the boot (what they doing on the boot to start with)

Most police 90% in australia are great people, but you get your good with the bad in every job and that means even police, and some police have over sized Egoes.

BANNED

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

The problem is we have too many losers doing cars up and showing off and racing and doing dangerous s**t, and that makes it look bad for the true car enthusiast, and so the Police have problems distinguishing from real car enthusiasts and Dangerous losers with defective s**t box cars, so some police like to paint us all with the same brush.

BANNED

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

The comment above this is a good comment from bunter and i agree totally.

What I meant about some rules being made to save people from themselves could refer to the wing and I don't mean the person driving the car with it attached.

If per chance some clown walks out onto the road and into the side of your car, child, elderly, someone not paying attention the idea is that if they collect the wing it shouldn't increase the damage they cause themselves.

Is this your fault because you installed the wing? i don't think so. Is it against the rules to have a wing such as you describe?(not necessarily the one installed above) Probably yes.

And I have been to T/A's where people have caused themselves injury by walking in front of or into cars. If something doesn't conform to the VSR's and I deem it needs to be rectified I have and will issue a work order for that vehicle, be it unsafe for the driver(Tyres, cracked windscreen), other road users(oil leaks) or anyone else.

If you have a modification you are unsure of get a permit for it. Chances are the cop may be unsure as well or not as well informed as car enthusiasts and give the work order to be safe. You can get a permit for nearly anything. Technically you need one for aftermarket extractors. Why? I don't know. But I do know it's the rules.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:55 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: AU ute

ACT, Australia

Does anyone else recall the Holden VS GTS-R? A gaudy yellow object with race-sized T Wing? It was obviously legal......
On the point of cops defecting cars, my general observation is that if you behave like an idiot, you're more likely to attarct attention.
And just a fashion tip... most cops have a thing about baseball caps worn a*** about.
Cheers, Bob

Commercial Sponsor
Canberra Car Styling
[url=canberracarstyling.com.au]Image[/url]

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2