Fordmods Logo

Where to get all the engine bay dress up gear?? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Where to get all the engine bay dress up gear??
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys
i want to dress up my engine bay to look nice but i can't find any of the stuff all the guys are using.

like silicon Radiator hoses or blue coolant hoses from resivour to radiator/thermostat housing. or booster hose. I chasing them in blue i got idea that the radiator hoses only come in blue anyhow so that good.

i got a exhaust shop making me up a mandrell 3" intake piping setup
im polishing the rocket cover and thermostat housing tomorrow
Im ganna pull most of the accessorys and hit the engine bay with a heavy cut and polish and get it nice and clean an shinny.

see what i mean by the blue coolant hoses and brake booster hoses.

where can i find these hoses and some good metaillic heat proof paint to paint manifold and throttlebody???

Cheers,
Guys

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

polishing up the "rocket cover" aye?? i take it its a secret mod to rid commodores and ricers of our road ways?? :lol: :lol:

I baught my silicon hose kits from "super cheap auto".. silicon hose kit equipped engine bay pic in my gallery..

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
polishing up the "rocket cover" aye?? i take it its a secret mod to rid commodores and ricers of our road ways?? :lol: :lol:

I baught my silicon hose kits from "super cheap auto".. silicon hose kit equipped engine bay pic in my gallery..

LOL you got me there on my typeo ****rocker cover****

ok ill give supercheap a look tomorrow morning then.

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

hey fordfreak ef
where you get the brake booster line and coolant lines?

cheers
jason

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

Silicone is what I used and its my bay you used in the photo then as Mat has done tidy up the leads the polish like hell. I strongly sugest that you use a Pro polisher as you will never regret it.

I like my tappet cover as if you polish everything it is to much it can be over powering it is painted by pressure pack. The air intake is polished alloy polished upper intake PWR header tank and Fastxr polished heat sheild.

All up $400 as I love Ebay and a matr who is a pro polisher.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Xflow wrote:
hey fordfreak ef

cheers
jason
silicon hoses for both... however....

JUST A WARNING..... dont enter a burnout comp with silicon coolant lines... :lol:

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

www.summitracing.com

Its in the US, but freight is very reasonable and very quick and huge range of quality gear, not crappy stuff we get stuck with here in aus

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

How much you wanting to spend?

Any auto store should be able to order you in the blue silicone hoses - SuperCrap even keeps them! Personally I reckon braided heater hoses are better for use and better looking too...

PWR for the aluminium over flow bottle.

The polsihing and painting of standard parts you can DIY.

Any auto store should be able to get colour ignition leads.

Fancy battery terminals any auto store should be able to get.

Go to auto stores and have a flick through there performance catalogues at what they can get - look at Aerpro, Redline, Rocket, Autotechnica, etc.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
Xflow wrote:
hey fordfreak ef

cheers
jason
silicon hoses for both... however....

JUST A WARNING..... dont enter a burnout comp with silicon coolant lines... :lol:

Get some braided heater hoses - they're not cheap, but way more durable and still look good!

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I went to supercheap today and got some hard cut and polish and some red chrome metallic heat proof paint (lol description there) and had a look at the silicon dress up kit and i also found blue or red fuel hose i think the stuff is. The hose you can buy it by the meter in the clear plastic packets.
im ganna grab 2 or 3 blue hose packets tomorrow to put with me repainted coolant resivour.

so you guys use the silicon dress up kits to cover brake lins and acc line in the engine bay and replace vacumm lines?

Im ganna get the braided hose line covers for the radiator hoses and heater hoses.

See how i go with that ill get some pic's up tomorrow arvo.

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I didn't get braided hose covers - i got the proper braided heater hoses.

Careful with silicone fuel hoses - i think there for carbys usually not for high pressure EFI.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
I didn't get braided hose covers - i got the proper braided heater hoses.

Careful with silicone fuel hoses - i think there for carbys usually not for high pressure EFI.

I won't need them for my fuel rail the original ones got the thred on the end of the fuel line.

I was just ganna use them for coolant lines there won't be much pressure in the lines between the resivour and radiator/thermostat anyhow even know the resivour is appart of the pressureised system(resivour got the pressure release)

plus anyhow it be a s**t load better then the shaged lines i got now. lol

ill ive got some before pic's ill post tomorrow aswell when i find the camera cable

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i just remembered to ask who got there battery mounted in the boot???
if you have i just wondering how you ran your cables positive(red) and negative should of just went the the chassie.
did you run your positive down the side of the car in under carpet and the lower door trims? or under the car next to ya highly explosive fuel lines LOL? or run the cable threw the chassie if possiable?

i really want to remove my battery for more room and future plans.

what guage cable you run? 140AMP MARINE CABLE??? or 2 of them???
did the positive run from battery to starter motor then bounce to alternator or other way battery alternator then starter battery.???

cheers,
Jason

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Xflow wrote:
if you have i just wondering how you ran your cables positive(red) and negative should of just went the the chassie.
did you run your positive down the side of the car in under carpet and the lower door trims? or under the car next to ya highly explosive fuel lines LOL? or run the cable threw the chassie if possiable?

The fuel lines run down the passenger side (or at least on the wagons they do) but I'd assume the sedans would be the same.

I've run the power wires down the drivers side. I used the thickest Narva cables that we had at work - think they're 255A.

As for the petrol being highly explosive, the liquid isn't it's the vapours that are. There's live unsheethed wires running in the petrol tanks usually.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Xflow wrote:

The fuel lines run down the passenger side (or at least on the wagons they do) but I'd assume the sedans would be the same.

I've run the power wires down the drivers side. I used the thickest Narva cables that we had at work - think they're 255A.

As for the petrol being highly explosive, the liquid isn't it's the vapours that are. There's live unsheethed wires running in the petrol tanks usually.

yer i was thinking running it down driver side. so you used 255amp wire then. what was the lenght you need for it to reach from battery to starter motor and alternator.

you have live unsheethed in ya tank but the earth is a nice happy distance away from the positive so ya don't make a spark and have fireworks.

Ford EF Futura Black

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next