Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Which rims to fit EF/EL
Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

I've been having a rather thorough look at heaps of different rims for my EL Fairmont and every time I find one that I think would look awesome they are not made to fit it.
Does anyone have a list of different rims from various manufacturers that fit EF/EL cars?
I dont want adapters because they are illegal.

Reason I'm very p****d off is I love the look of the ROH Furys but I got an email today saying they arent made to fit E series.

I may have to go EL GT copies cause they would look good but I dont know where to find them in Perth. I cant find any website that lists them.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Yeah, I was having a whinge about this on ehre a couple of months ago.
It's really hard to find a list because it's constantly changing. Often you will find a manufacturer is making the rim to fit, but then mid way stops, but still continues making the same rim for other cars!
Basically you've just got to go through and keep asking. Best thing to do would be to e-mail all the various companies asking what rims they make to fit a Pre-AU Falcon.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah its such a pain. I've pretty much emailed all the decent ones I could find. ROH where the only ones to get back to me and they gave me bad news.

You would think the amount of EF/ELs on the road that there would be more choice. Pisses me off.

EL GTs are the only safe bet but I want something different.

EL XR8

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Mate the only wheels that I recckon you should go are EL GT originals. A lot of people say they are pretty common but on the road in a day to day sense your lucky to see GT originals once in a fair few weeks. Just common on forums etc.

ROH fury's (even though you say you can't get them) are just too common. See them on every second Holden.

And if you say that you don't want hub adapters, then I guess that means no bigger than 17 inch!!!

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
You would think the amount of EF/ELs on the road that there would be more choice. Pisses me off.

Goign back a few years there werer plenty, but compared to the amount of Holdens you see with aftermarket wheels, not many falcon peoiple buy them, or you don't see nearly as many Falcon's with aftermarket wheels as you do with Commos (every second commo has changed wheels, doesn't seem to matter who or how old the driver is), so I guess it's therefor reasonable for them to slow down on making them - but they reckon more older Falcon's are being modded these days sinc ethe comeback by the BA's.

Personally, I'd rather find a nice set of aftermarket wheels than settle for any Ford ones or copies. But that's just me.

Maybe try second hand, might be cheaper and at least they'll fit.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF GliXR

ACT, Australia

to be honest i think that ford's rims look the toughest. if i were to go with aftermarket wheels it'd be for the bling factor, but the rest of my car has none of that (yet) so i look for tough wheels. i'd love to get my hands on a set of typhoon wheels to fit my ef. or the 5 spoke gt's. i think i'm gonna get the xr8 18's though from the ba's. sorry to ramble, but i think those are the best options.

\m/

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

AMG Quakes, 17/18/19, silve or chrome, go silver!

EL GT is way too popular round my area anyway; see them at least once a day, 90% are copies tho, not originals..

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Daniel wrote:
AMG Quakes, 17/18/19, silve or chrome, go silver!

EL GT is way too popular round my area anyway; see them at least once a day, 90% are copies tho, not originals..

Got a website for the AMG Quakes?

EL XR8

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I know they aint on a ford, but these show the rims well: http://users.bigpond.net.au/wdave/

Now, haveing seen a set of 18/19s on a low ghia with kit n no spoiler this made me notice them instantly, from then i always wanted the for my old fairlane, never got around to em tho, got a new car 1st lol.

Highly reccomended, shexy as.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Daniel wrote:
I know they aint on a ford, but these show the rims well: http://users.bigpond.net.au/wdave/

Now, haveing seen a set of 18/19s on a low ghia with kit n no spoiler this made me notice them instantly, from then i always wanted the for my old fairlane, never got around to em tho, got a new car 1st lol.

Absolutely brilliant. Believe it or not they are what I am after. There is an EL ute just down the road with those rims and I couldnt find what they were. I was settling for second when I saw the Furys, but they are the ones. You a f**k champion Daniel. Cheers mate. Dont happen to know who sells them do you? I want those exact rims in 18".

Thanks again mate.

EL XR8

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Just quickly do they fit ELs without adapters?

EL XR8

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:53 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

the RT's are similar to the furies... and they come in ford E series offset

Regency Red EL Fairmont - PH4480 - 2.5" exhaust - High flow cat/muffler - K&N panel filter - Mandrel bent air intake - T series intake - wade 1604 cam - 98 EL XR6 ECU - Whiteline lows - 17" ROH RT's - Koni yellows - DBA Slotted's - Green Stuff pads
NEED: LSD, chiptorque

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

get em !! :D:D :twisted: :twisted:

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Absolutely brilliant. Believe it or not they are what I am after. There is an EL ute just down the road with those rims and I couldnt find what they were. I was settling for second when I saw the Furys, but they are the ones. You a f**k champion Daniel. Cheers mate. Dont happen to know who sells them do you? I want those exact rims in 18".

Thanks again mate.

Haha, no probs mate; they are the best aftermarket rims ive seen to be honest, tough but not ricey n still look sleek.
Ivee seen them for sale at bob janes, altho itd be cheaper to buy them out of a trading post of something like that; depends what your wiling to pay lol.
They can fit EL but not sure if you need adaptors or not, dont think so but not 100% sure.
The guy who has done all my wheel work at bob janes said theyd go on my old NF fairlane no hassles n at the time they were puttin them on an AU; looked shexy as.
I think you ca get them with different offsets, just ask the guys at bob jane as they'll know for sure.

Cheers - Daniel.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Laximah wrote:
get em !! :D:D :twisted: :twisted:

HHAHAHHAHAHHA. I wonder why your so keen for me to get em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
EL Fairmont rims for sale maybe? hahahaha

EL XR8

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next