Fordmods Logo

Will 20's fit on an ED ? Throw pics up.. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Will 20's fit on an ED ? Throw pics up..
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Brocky

QLD, Australia

They are 225/35/20 and hit hard on the base of the upper ball joint.

Take it easy or if shes easy take her home!

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Are they AU OR PRE AU offset?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

chris james wrote:
They are 225/35/20 and hit hard on the base of the upper ball joint.

on paper they are the same overall diameter of my old 215/60/16 which i know clear but not by much. So maybe with less sidewall flex of the 20's, and varying differences between brands it might be sitting as high as a 225/60/16 which i know "just" hit the ball joint.

So try a tyre with less sidewall

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

hows it goin mate i got 20x 8.5s on my ea but i had to get hub adaptors for the rear and i got a brake upgrade on the front because they are au offset rims but they fit perfect but just make sure your tyre wall isnt any higher than 25 mm i had to get my fron tyres swapped to fit it theres another bloke vermatilla on here he done the exact same thing but yea this is best pic i got was taken on a phone but they do look nice wit the right hight and colour seen sum on a stock eb wit crap paint n jus made it look stupid

Attachments:
DSC01016.JPG
DSC01016.JPG [ 224.54 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ea street sleeper

How thick are the rear hub adaptors???

I ran AU onwards offset with front 19x8 or 8.5 & 19x9.5 rear and ran 35mm hub adptors all round and ive noticed a few other guys running thinner hub adaptors which dosent make much sence to me. I now sold the wheels to my mate who has a AU and they sit exactly the same on his car and what i mean is as clearence both out and inside the wheel tub.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
ea street sleeper

How thick are the rear hub adaptors???

I ran AU onwards offset with front 19x8 or 8.5 & 19x9.5 rear and ran 35mm hub adptors all round and ive noticed a few other guys running thinner hub adaptors which dosent make much sence to me. I now sold the wheels to my mate who has a AU and they sit exactly the same on his car and what i mean is as clearence both out and inside the wheel tub.

i have to run 35 mm spacers aswell the actual difference between the offsets of the ea - au is 28mm so i was told but aparently the wheel guy told me 35 mm on the back but my brake upgrade on the front is 28 mm and sits perfect so if ya can use a 30 mm spacer evan it will probably sit nicer n give u a lil bit more space from the guard the guard

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So does your rear rim and front rim sit inline if you were to put i string in between them both or there is a slight angle???

The funny thing is when i had the 35mm hub adaptors front and rear with the 19's the wheel track was not out, it was exactly the same measurement as factory. The way you measure that is with the factory rim on and you measure from the centre from 1 tyre to the other and see what it measures up 2. Thats the wheel track, see if you can measure stock wheel track to your current and see if its been modifed at all.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
So does your rear rim and front rim sit inline if you were to put i string in between them both or there is a slight angle???

The funny thing is when i had the 35mm hub adaptors front and rear with the 19's the wheel track was not out, it was exactly the same measurement as factory. The way you measure that is with the factory rim on and you measure from the centre from 1 tyre to the other and see what it measures up 2. Thats the wheel track, see if you can measure stock wheel track to your current and see if its been modifed at all.

nah theres a slight difference but nothing noticable but thats measuring off the 20's because i cant put stockies on the fron because of the brake upgrade smallest i can go is 18's i think and i had to measure it a little low but ya cant tell the difference looking at it im thinking of seeing if 30 mm spacers make it the same later on but for now itll do lol just waiting for engineer certificate so i can start driving it

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

in NSW wheel track can be widened by 5mm each side so i think u will be ok but if you see another EA just measure it up just so you know becuz at least then u can call the engineer and tell him the wheel track before you even head down there and get the run around.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
in NSW wheel track can be widened by 5mm each side so i think u will be ok but if you see another EA just measure it up just so you know becuz at least then u can call the engineer and tell him the wheel track before you even head down there and get the run around.

yea see im in adelaide and i got the rims from wheelworx and basically aslong as it has an engineer certificate it will be legal aslong as it doesnt scrape anywhere aparentley ill pass the engineer cert. im not sure on the laws in nsw if ya want if ya got msn i can add ya or something and send through all the pics of problems i had and how much space there is easier to tlk about it aswelll

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2