Fordmods Logo

will a cut and polish help match metallic paint??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: will a cut and polish help match metallic paint???
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: eb xr6 and EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

i hit a dog in my el gli and it has f**k the whole front bumper. was thinking instead of replacing with another gli bumper maybe putting a fairmont end on which aparantly requires the bonnet and headlights to suit. i have regency red metallic paint which is a little bit faded but still comes up nice and shiny with a good wash. if i got panels to suit and just gave the whole car a good wash then a cut and polish, would the different front end stand out like dogs balls because it hasnt been properly cut back like a panel beater would do??? thanks heaps for any answers :)

Post subject: Re: will a cut and polish help match metallic paint???
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

im not really sure what your asking, but i will answer it the best i can.

if your plan is to buy a fairmont front end in regency red and just bolt it in ... im sure the colour will be a little out, but i doubt it will "stand out like dogs balls"

if you buy a front end, and take it to a panel shop and get them to paint it and then u fit it. if u give them something on your car to colour match it too... it should be pretty dam close, barely tell the difference, if they have a good colour matcher.

the best way to do this. would be to get your parts (whatever colour) get a panel shop to paint the new parts and blend the front doors ... then cut n polish the rest of your car, and should come up sweet

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: eb xr6 and EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

ec_333 wrote:

if your plan is to buy a fairmont front end in regency red and just bolt it in ... im sure the colour will be a little out, but i doubt it will "stand out like dogs balls"

if you buy a front end, and take it to a panel shop and get them to paint it and then u fit it. if u give them something on your car to colour match it too... it should be pretty dam close, barely tell the difference, if they have a good colour matcher.

the best way to do this. would be to get your parts (whatever colour) get a panel shop to paint the new parts and blend the front doors ... then cut n polish the rest of your car, and should come up sweet

awesome. thanks for that. cleared things up a bit

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

ec_333 wrote:

kinda

blending requires the car to be the there so the painter can spray/dust the other panels with colour so when u looking along the panels the colour flows into each one

finding a spray painter who can do a GOOD colour match is the hard part

i have seen 10 colours on 1 panel yet they where all the same base colour the wrong mix rations, different spray techniques and different spray pressure will f**k with the colour

RIP SCOTT

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]