Post subject: Re: Xr front bumper/ headlights on an Ef Fairmont
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Turbo VT, VL Calais Trubo, HQ SS

VIC, Australia

wtbdlltd wrote:
SWC wrote:
Bet it was blue.

No such thing a a Chrome Tickford Grill. Only Tickford typr grill fitted to an E Series was the FBT and that was mesh into a EF Grill.

XR front bars will not fit onto a Fairmont with the Fairmont bonnet. You can either replace the bonnet with an XR Bonnet/GLi and fit the XR lights or fit a Twinlights. Twinlights will give you better light that the XR Lights and way better than the Stock Lights.

You can go to the trouble of doing a cut and shut XR to Fairmont bar but be prepaired either for a lot of work or a lot of money or both.

Chrome Tickford grills were used on the Tickford Fairlane NL, pic below is how they came stock

Does anyone know where and if you can get these grills still?

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

BoostedVT wrote:
wtbdlltd wrote:
SWC wrote:
Bet it was blue.

No such thing a a Chrome Tickford Grill. Only Tickford typr grill fitted to an E Series was the FBT and that was mesh into a EF Grill.

XR front bars will not fit onto a Fairmont with the Fairmont bonnet. You can either replace the bonnet with an XR Bonnet/GLi and fit the XR lights or fit a Twinlights. Twinlights will give you better light that the XR Lights and way better than the Stock Lights.

You can go to the trouble of doing a cut and shut XR to Fairmont bar but be prepaired either for a lot of work or a lot of money or both.

Chrome Tickford grills were used on the Tickford Fairlane NL, pic below is how they came stock

Does anyone know where and if you can get these grills still?

The FBT Grills are NLA, you may find one at a wrecker, but your certainly gonna pay for it.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: VE SS ute, EL Typhoon mock

ACT, Australia

79raven wrote:
ooooh, being new to the Blue oval scene these things arent my common knowledge..... I like them. The twin lights just make them look so much meaner I reckon. Do they come up on ebay cheap sometimes?
Sorry about the Fairmont/Fairlane stuff up. I remember now as I was tossing up between a 5L Fairlane with the same chrome grill I saw today and the stock Ef Fairmont i6. 5L lucked out as it was my entire budget with work to be done, so I buy the low k Fairmont and after a week it also ended up with work to be done :roll:

I tried waiting it out on eBay for a cheap set. And nothing. So I just but the bullet and bought them. Expensive, but awesome!

YES.40L
El Gli/Fairmont/Typhoon-twinlights, king springs, paccies, dark agents
http://www.fordmods.com/post1241821.html#1241821

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2