Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
au man wrote:
i drove one the other day, (old man works at ford), all i can say is fully sick, fast as a WRX. I ran my mates 2006 2.5ltr WRX and i won and he had upgraded cooler and exhaust. Suprised, but it needs AWD or at least LSD, well thats my experiance wif it, now on a 10 month waiting list for it.

I think your friend needs to learn to drive.

Why? I would find it completley believeable that the XR5 was either side by side or in front. Rexes aren't THAT good (neither are GTS-t Skylines, but thats a story for another day :wink: ). Unless you are willing to dump the clutch at 6,000rpm and rev the living s**t out of the things, they just bog down and loose, what feels like, seconds off the mark...

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
au man wrote:
i drove one the other day, (old man works at ford), all i can say is fully sick, fast as a WRX. I ran my mates 2006 2.5ltr WRX and i won and he had upgraded cooler and exhaust. Suprised, but it needs AWD or at least LSD, well thats my experiance wif it, now on a 10 month waiting list for it.

Why? I would find it completley believeable that the XR5 was either side by side or in front. Rexes aren't THAT good (neither are GTS-t Skylines, but thats a story for another day :wink: ). Unless you are willing to dump the clutch at 6,000rpm and rev the living s**t out of the things, they just bog down and loose, what feels like, seconds off the mark...

Well does anyone have a standing quarter time on the XR5?
Slowest WRX is the 02 Bugeye at 14.4.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
downingj wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
au man wrote:

Well does anyone have a standing quarter time on the XR5?
Slowest WRX is the 02 Bugeye at 14.4.

Sorry Ive lent the Wheels mag to the old boy so I cant double chech, but I think it was a low 15 for the quarter (I think they said that it will do better???) but was actually quicker than the Rex in-gear and it was even quicker than the XR6T from 80-120 in fourth and fifth !!!

Point is, that to get those times out of a Rex, youve got to be VERY brutal. Most people aren't and you can easily get them to 80 kays. Easily. Not as easy as a 185i Clubbie though :wink:

Have you ever taken a Rex for a spin or had a tussle with one? NOTHING below 3,500rpm and the power only really kicks in at 4,000rpm, by which time you've got little more than 2,000rpm to play with. In all honesty, I reckon the GFs Focus would keep with it up to 50 kays...

Then again, the GF's Focus is hardcore. She dragged a VT Commie the other day to 60 kays, then she stopped. I was p****d off. She would have done it by the 80 kay speed limit. Very cool :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3