Fordmods Logo

Xr8 spoiler removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Xr8 spoiler removal
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BF xr8

QLD, Australia

I have removed the rear spoiler from my bf xr8 and need some ideas on how to fill the holes on the boot, or would it just be cheaper to source another boot lid from the wreckers?? Has anyone done this mod before?

Post subject: Re: Xr8 spoiler removal
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

NOJAPCRAP69 wrote:
I have removed the rear spoiler from my bf xr8 and need some ideas on how to fill the holes on the boot, or would it just be cheaper to source another boot lid from the wreckers?? Has anyone done this mod before?

3 options imo, cheapest option is go to autobarn and get some rubber grommets to seal the holes, depending on the colour of your car it will stand out and look s**t. 2nd cheapest is to find a bootlid same colour as yours with no spoiler, depending on car colour this may be a problem. Finally the expensive and irreversable option is to get your bootlid welded up and resprayed.

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

or the cheap cheap option is just cover the holes with duct tape :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

Chargd wrote:
or the cheap cheap option is just cover the holes with duct tape :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was looking at a ba falcon yesterday with this.
boot holes with black duct tape on them, big dent in the side of the car, 6 pot xt falcon with 250,000kms on it, really un looked afte and crap everyware.
even had "fagot" scratched into the bonnet. it was a complete discrace of a car and the car salesman said " yea its a bit rough but it drives great. i cant take any less than $4000" :shock: :shock:

i was like OMG, you gotta be jokin man.

and on another ba, it had a spoiler but it had been half ripped off and hada couple tech screws in it from thru the boot lid. when i closed the boot the spoiler floped around like it was about to fall off.

and blow me down what does he say?... " yea thats just how the spoilers are on these falcons, they all do that" those exact f@@ing words!! i could not believe what i was hearing.

shonkyest car salesman ever! ...

sorry /end rant. :P

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Benny D wrote:
Chargd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was looking at a ba falcon yesterday with this.
boot holes with black duct tape on them, big dent in the side of the car, 6 pot xt falcon with 250,000kms on it, really un looked afte and crap everyware.
even had "fagot" scratched into the bonnet. it was a complete discrace of a car and the car salesman said " yea its a bit rough but it drives great. i cant take any less than $4000" :shock: :shock:

i was like OMG, you gotta be jokin man.

and on another ba, it had a spoiler but it had been half ripped off and hada couple tech screws in it from thru the boot lid. when i closed the boot the spoiler floped around like it was about to fall off.

and blow me down what does he say?... " yea thats just how the spoilers are on these falcons, they all do that" those exact f@@ing words!! i could not believe what i was hearing.

shonkyest car salesman ever! ...

sorry /end rant. :P

over here you can get mint ba xt falcons for 3g private sale, highish kms but in mint condition!

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

thanks for the help guys
yeh i might source another boot lid without a spoiler....the holes in the boot and fret marks where the old spoiler were look dodgy....its a tidy car and i don't want it looking like a flogged out family car piece of s**t!! haha... :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

I dunno but i cant see the fascination why you would want to remove the spoilers from your XRs. I see it often
And just think it spoils the look of the car without it. Id put it back on.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

93EB wrote:
I dunno but i cant see the fascination why you would want to remove the spoilers from your XRs. I see it often

i agree, i reckon xr's need the spoiler

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Chargd wrote:
93EB wrote:

i agree, i reckon xr's need the spoiler

At least i know im not going insane. Spoilers is what makes XRs look nice.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

That's fair enogh, but at the end of the day it comes down to personal taste, would be boring if we all had bog stock standard cars

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

NOJAPCRAP69 wrote:
That's fair enogh, but at the end of the day it comes down to personal taste, would be boring if we all had bog stock standard cars

so whats taking so long,get a stock one and keep the spoiler one for when you flog it off,fixed.are we there yet?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]