Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: aftermarket seats
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

something like http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AUTOTECNICA-MONZ ... dZViewItem
would go well (colour wise) in the interior of an EB falcon, what i want to know is are they legal and if i get pulled over am i likley to get defected or something?

cheers

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

why not contact your local state road authority people and ask them???

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the seats themselves would be fine but making raila to fit would be the hard parts as would would need them engineered

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

any modification from stock to any part of the seats or restraint system needs a engineering certificate regardless,but i know a few people who have em and cops haven't bothered them even when pulled over,you will only cop s**t if your driving like a tool or if you have enough neons to light up a christmas tree.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
any modification from stock to any part of the seats or restraint system needs a engineering certificate regardless,but i know a few people who have em and cops haven't bothered them even when pulled over,you will only cop s**t if your driving like a tool or if you have enough neons to light up a christmas tree.

You are aware that every state has different rules and regulations correct? I'm not saying your wrogn, just if your stating the rule/law in NSW that porbably means s**t to him since he's in Victoria! Chances are tehy might be the same, but as I said talk to the authorities there the ones who are going to tell you the correct information!
I've found that race seats (Cobra Trophys) bolt on fine to the original seat rails.

As for the price of those ones on the auction I wouldn't pay too much more. He reckons he payed $1,200, if he really did then they saw him coming!

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
XR6 EF wrote:

You are aware that every state has different rules and regulations correct? I'm not saying your wrogn, just if your stating the rule/law in NSW that porbably means s**t to him since he's in Victoria! Chances are tehy might be the same, but as I said talk to the authorities there the ones who are going to tell you the correct information!
I've found that race seats (Cobra Trophys) bolt on fine to the original seat rails.

As for the price of those ones on the auction I wouldn't pay too much more. He reckons he payed $1,200, if he really did then they saw him coming!

Yeah your right this is according to NSW law i think it is the same in vic as they have similar laws but other states and territories are always different,yeah and agree those seast aren't anywhere near that price new.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

yeh i know the price isnt correct but they arent quite racing buckets if u look closely they are sorta more like normal seats... ohwell i wasnt gonna pay that much anyway but ive been told autotecnica sorta might fit on std rails but i think new holes needed to be drilled.... ah well ill pass on em i jus got v8 supercar seat covers :D

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 1994 Xg XR6

NSW, Australia

I have OBX seats in my EF they have std outer rails but the inside are EA to ED with the rear leg removed and a plate welded on it. It runs a 4mm bar across the rails to bolt on the seat base.

At this point I have not had any trouble with the police.

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Vics the same u have to get them engineered but in saying that ive had different seats in quite a few of my cars n never copped any s**t off the coppers even when being busted doing burnouts n stuff like that (in my younger days :P)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]