Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Razor7107 wrote:
sorry to hear man, but ive always wandered, where does the plastic on the front go when the airbag comes flying out... wouldnt want that s**t hitting you in the face at 400km/h or however fast the airbags deploy.

It flips upwards... Its on a hinge...

Id hate to see what would happen if it wasn't on a hinge... :shock:

it would probably knock you out and then you'd land in a big comfy pillow :lol:

it's never a good thing when someone loses their car in that way. as long as no one was hurt, it makes it a little better...

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

yeh it would smack u in the face and ur headrest would become the airbag, then you would wake up with a ford logo imprinted on your forehead...

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
yeh it would smack u in the face and ur headrest would become the airbag, then you would wake up with a ford logo imprinted on your forehead...

hehe could be cool...hehe nah....sorry to hear bout ya ride arm thats f**k up...glad your alright

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok so i finnally got around to checking my airbags, confirmed code 32 Airbag Circuit High Resistance, or Open Circuit.

All i can think of that i have done recently was that i opened up the steering column to wire in my Rear Footwell lights to the Ignition Key Light, to make them come on when door is open or interior light switched on. When i was doing this i accidently snipped a red wire when i was cutting back the wires that go to the Ignition Key Light. I thought nothing of it and soldered the red wire back together. Im guessing this may have something to do with it, the whole time i was doing this i had the battery disconnected but i know the Airbag Central Computer has a backup battery. Anyway basically all the fuses are fine and all the wiring is fine ive just come to the conclusion that it cracked the s**t when i cut the wire and is still having a cry about it, basically as far as i can tell, the airbags should work fine as i havent touched anything except that red wire (which i reconnected). How can i clear this error, it seems only Codes 52-85 can be cleared from the Volatile Memory of the Diagnostic Monitor. I mean that indicates to me that any other codes (Code 32 for example) should clear themselves when the problem is fixed, but i havent touched anything and cannot find the source of any problem.... any ideas on how to clear this problem (and/or fix it)....

Cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ag+code+32 :?:

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

Check the connector at the base of the steering column where it starts to go under the dash, it has probably become unpluged while working on the light installation.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

that doesnt really help as he found one of his connectors had disconnected when he removed the dash, i havent removed my dash or anything of the sort and all my connectors are fine. im thinking that maybe because i snipped that red wire it noticed that i snipped it but hasnt noticed ive reconnected it, so it thinks its still in open circuit mode?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2