AU Centre console/ T Bar 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: AU Centre console/ T Bar
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

how does one add an AU centre console into a ea read that it can be down so how would one do it??

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: R32 Rb25

VIC, Australia

its a simple clip on. fits right on its amazing!

best buy the au consol from ford.. u can also buy the whole auiii xr8 preformance door trimmings, they also fit onto ea n give u a preformance gain due to weight reduction.

noob

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
noob

huh it is a simple f**k question! can it fit cause my centre console is f**k and was wondering if it will fit.

is it a simple as removing my f**k console and putting the console in and screwing it up or do i have to drill some minor holes to screw it up?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

dj`emz - don't be a knob, i've actually also read that the AU center console has been fitted to EA-ED's.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:27 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: R32 Rb25

VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Quote:
noob

huh it is a simple f**k question! can it fit cause my centre console is f**k and was wondering if it will fit.

is it a simple as removing my f**k console and putting the console in and screwing it up or do i have to drill some minor holes to screw it up?

yeh npz sounds very easy. did u stop to think about all the electrics, not to mention the gauges and climate control?

will ur steering wheel even fit around the dash?

just buy a au from the actions for 7k

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII/ED XR8

WA, Australia

ummm isnt a centre consol completly different from the dash....... centre console is located between the drivers and passenger seats, yes? and houses the handbrake and goes around the gear stick

Modified EBII/ED XR8

2.5" Twin system dumped at diff, pacemakers, 19" Impul's, low profiles, k+n filter, trip com, sunroof, massive doof doof, momo steering wheel, cruise, snorkel, lovells super lows on koni adjustables

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

lol people need to read the thread correct, i started a thread and got told if ya have power windows it wont work and something bout the shirfter sorround wont fit either?? i am not sure i didnt get much feedback on it either,

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

dj`emz wrote:
yeh npz sounds very easy. did u stop to think about all the electrics, not to mention the gauges and climate control?

will ur steering wheel even fit around the dash?

just buy a au from the actions for 7k

Mate, 5 posts up you were calling him a newbie and being a very big a**hole, yet you have just shown you have no idea what your craping on about and are talking s**t. NO AU FALCONS HAVE CLIMATE CONTROL, GAUGES OR STEERING WEHELS IN THE CENTER CONSOLE - there in the dash! :shock: center console is the bit between the front seats - only electrics would be for the autotranny (lights to show what gear and power/economy switch) and power windows - if these are applicable in this case...

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Mate, 5 posts up you were calling him a newbie and being a very big a**hole, yet you have just shown you have no idea what your craping on about and are talking s**t. NO AU FALCONS HAVE CLIMATE CONTROL, GAUGES OR STEERING WEHELS IN THE CENTER CONSOLE - there in the dash! center console is the bit between the front seats - only electrics would be for the autotranny (lights to show what gear and power/economy switch) and power windows - if these are applicable in this case...

that what i thought in my case there is no power windows or anything in the center console

dj what ever: i just want to sprose my interior up and that like s**t why the f**k would i f**k a** around with putting a au interrior in a fu king EA like i could save up and money and actually buy a AU or EL

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

so is it possible to put an AU centre console in a EA-ED? I though the AU centre console wouldnt match up to an EA-ED dashboard.

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

had a look in a AU yesterday and it looks like it may be interchangable, but i might buy one and trial fit it and see wat happens and somehow intergrate the power windows into it somehow

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

the AU one would definatly fit no problems. The main reason for this is that the AU console reaches right under the dash similar to EA-ED. The EF/EL console is shaped to make it look like its a part of the dash. (which its not)

As i said before, with the AU console, you will have to relocate your cruise control ECU and your power window switchs.

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

it would be a pain in the a*** relocatin that cruise control module too, and movin powers somewhere else for me and my car it isnt worth the hassle, if u didnt have power windows or cruise control it would be worth the mod, i love cupholders

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

i reckon it would so be worth it. I'd just need to find an au console with elec window buttons in it and just mount the cruise control module somewhere underneath the console. wouldn't be too hard. The shifter and everything looks so much better in the AU than EA-ED.

my 2 cents

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

wicksy wrote:
it would be a pain in the a*** relocatin that cruise control module too, and movin powers somewhere else for me and my car it isnt worth the hassle, if u didnt have power windows or cruise control it would be worth the mod, i love cupholders

relocating the cruise ECU would just be a matter of extending the wires and bolting it somewhere else.

Window switchs is the biggest issue IMO. The AU switchs where on the door trim. (and theres no place to put them on the AU console)

I i had cruise but no power windows i do it for sure

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next