Fordmods Logo

AU Interior ideas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Interior ideas
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

hey guys just wondering has anyone got any suggestions for an interior upgrade for an AU 1?? would an AU 3 face panel fit (where the cd player is) in an AU 1??

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

get black stuff :D
the AUII/III air con controls are different man. It might pysically fit but i dunno. Get some black interior parts from FTG or something then tint your windows, would look good.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

painting the vinyl interior black is that a waist of time or would it look good??

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

i reckon painting would look OK if you used dye and not paint. Perhaps it would look better just to change door trims, seats etc to AUII black stuff?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Okay whether you like my idea or not, I don't care, but this is what i was planning on doing, as i was going to buy an AUI.

Firstly:
I'd want to convert it to full Black Interior

Carpet
You can change your carpet to black, for around $150-200. Any proper trimming/carpet place can do it for you.

Dash
You have 2 options, paint your dash black, or get it professionally painted. Lot of hassle, can be done. Or you could find a AUI XR Black Dash. Only problem with this is that they are rare as hell, and even rarer to be wrecked, to find as a part. Then I'd get a Carbon Fibre Center piece to make it slightly darker and more sportier.

Door Trims
AUII-III Black Door trims will fit on to your AUI Doors. I sold my Black AUIII Forte Door trims for $220 to an AUI Owner. You could get your door trims painted, i got my TL50 door trims repainted professionally and trimmed, as they were slightly faded. Painting is about $50-100/door. Otherwise you can do it yourself.

Seats
Find some wrecked seats, or find someone who is selling a set. If this guy decides to sell his AUIII XR Cloth seats to me, i will have my AUIII Falcon Forte Seats for sale, I'll sell mine for about $350.

Then you have the rest of the stuff to do:
Black Momo Wheel
Momo Gear Knob
Chrome Door Handles

On the other hand you can still keep your Grey interior and make it look ok, but it'll never look as good as a Black interior, but that's just my opinion.

Your looking at at least $1000-2000 to change to black interior, but then you can sell some of your stuff, and recoup some of the costs. Then on top of that another $1000 for fancy stuff (i.e. Momo Gear, some leather, Tickford Dash, Headunit etc). I already have a black interior, and have probably spent over that on my interior.

Heres some pics of my interior, to show you door trims can look good:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/ ... G_2354.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/ ... G_2356.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/ ... G_2362.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/ ... C01221.jpg

Heres a picture of a AUI with a CF Center piece:

Attachments:
steeringwheel.jpg
steeringwheel.jpg [ 42.57 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]