Fordmods Logo

AU Seat Wiring Questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Seat Wiring Questions
Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford AU-I Ute

QLD, Australia

I bought some AU Fairmont Ghia leather seats, and stuck them into an AU ute as the old ones were ripped and stuffed. I am just wondering about the wiring. I spliced the connector from the seats and used a battery to set them up just right for myself and havent had to move then since.

I am thinking about selling the car and want to hard wire them up. Just wondering if anyone knows how I should do this?

Post subject: Re: AU Seat Wiring Questions
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

AUs have a power source (for mobile phone kits?) in the drivers footwell, its on the center console side on just behind the lower part of the dash... (stick your hand up there and find a lose plug) i have wired mine up to that... from memory theres 3 wires. black is ground and 1 constant power the other is acc. power... just wire it up to the acc. its nice and close to the seat aswell... just be careful that the wires are away from the rails...

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford AU-I Ute

QLD, Australia

Cheers Cam. The problem I was having was the seat plug as to which wires I needed to wire up to the ACC power.

Not sure if they are all the same but ill write what I found incase anyone else needs help with this.

There is a plug that comes out of the memory console, it has 8 wires connected to pin sockets.

The wires I needed from the 8 were:

Wire 1: Thick black and yellow
Wire 2: Thin black

Wire 3: Thick green and red

The trouble was not realising that the thin black and the thick black needed to be joined for it to work. After a bit of trial and error I figured it out. But that was it, works perfectly now.

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

Bizza98 wrote:
Cheers Cam. The problem I was having was the seat plug as to which wires I needed to wire up to the ACC power.

Not sure if they are all the same but ill write what I found incase anyone else needs help with this.

There is a plug that comes out of the memory console, it has 8 wires connected to pin sockets.

The wires I needed from the 8 were:

Wire 1: Thick black and yellow
Wire 2: Thin black

Wire 3: Thick green and red

The trouble was not realising that the thin black and the thick black needed to be joined for it to work. After a bit of trial and error I figured it out. But that was it, works perfectly now.

i see... im guessing your seats are better than mine (10 way with memory or something) i have a 6 way drivers seat that only had 2 wires coming out of it (well 4 but 2 for the seatbelt)

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]