Fordmods Logo

AU (Series 1) Sedan - Central Locking Actuator (LHS Front) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: AU (Series 1) Sedan - Central Locking Actuator (LHS Front)
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

QLD, Australia

Hello

I have a suspected faulty central locking actuator in my AU (Series 1) sedan.

In order to access the actuator and disconnect it from its source of power I have removed the door trim.

I am unsure as to what to do next as I can't even see the actuator due to the metal door panelling obstructing my view.

If anyone can provide me with some advice I will be very grateful.

Regards

Anthony

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

i know in the EF and EL's its right in the doors. In order to get the actuator out the motors need to be removed by drilling out the rivets. You then can undo the actuator and take it out.

What was wrong with the actuator.
I installednew locking motors in my EF and the passenger front door wouldnt lock if it was unlocked and vise-a-versa. To fix this i sprayed alot of crc or wd40..i cant remember. IIRC the wd40 got all the s**t grease out and the CRC lubed it up well.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

stomper wrote:
i know in the EF and EL's its right in the doors. In order to get the actuator out the motors need to be removed by drilling out the rivets. You then can undo the actuator and take it out.

What was wrong with the actuator.
I installednew locking motors in my EF and the passenger front door wouldnt lock if it was unlocked and vise-a-versa. To fix this i sprayed alot of crc or wd40..i cant remember. IIRC the wd40 got all the s**t grease out and the CRC lubed it up well.

I can't even see any rivets.

I am assuming it is a faulty actuator as when the car is locked the front passenger door will not lock. If the car is locked using the remote then the locks cycle and the horn beeps three times (all doors except front passenger lock). Unfortunately the front passenger door doesn't have a key lock so I am stuck leaving it unlocked.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2005 BF XR6

NSW, Australia

The horn beeps?

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hey Mate,

There are bolts around the locking mechanism in the door jam, unscrew them, unclip the lever from the exterior door handle, its about 10-15 cms long piece of metal that connects to the round bronze part of the actuator. Disconnect the loom, disconnect the cable for the interior handle and replace the actuator.

It's a very common fault, try your ford dealer for a new one, but they have been supreseded by the BA part, which requires a new loom. Best bet, and what I've had to do with mine. Because its a front door, the car won't lock, so get on it ASAP mate...

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
Hey Mate,

There are bolts around the locking mechanism in the door jam, unscrew them, unclip the lever from the exterior door handle, its about 10-15 cms long piece of metal that connects to the round bronze part of the actuator. Disconnect the loom, disconnect the cable for the interior handle and replace the actuator.

It's a very common fault, try your ford dealer for a new one, but they have been supreseded by the BA part, which requires a new loom. Best bet, and what I've had to do with mine. Because its a front door, the car won't lock, so get on it ASAP mate...

Thank you very much for your assistance.

This is all too difficult for me, I might have to enlist the services of an auto electrician.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced auto electricians in Brisbane?

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

arn't AU actuators a part of the door latch??

and is this AU1 a smartlock or a smartsheild model??

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

AFAIK All AU1's have smartlock. And yes, its all one unit, when the actuators go, you gotsa replace the whole lot... $140 for the mechanism...

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
AFAIK All AU1's have smartlock. And yes, its all one unit, when the actuators go, you gotsa replace the whole lot... $140 for the mechanism...

according to our resident AU expert the mighty Glenn AUII only early AU1's got smartlock.

What i am eager to know is can AU1 smartlock actuators be used in E-series for a quicker and more quite lock

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

5tumpy wrote:

Is that price genuine Ford or aftermarket? I am assuming genuine Ford would be the only option.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

chewie_86 wrote:
The horn beeps?

Yes the horn activates three times.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
arn't AU actuators a part of the door latch??

and is this AU1 a smartlock or a smartsheild model??

Smartlock.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
5tumpy wrote:

according to our resident AU expert the mighty Glenn AUII only early AU1's got smartlock.

What i am eager to know is can AU1 smartlock actuators be used in E-series for a quicker and more quite lock

Well, I have 1999 post-update AU1, and it's got smartlock, so maybe it's only the 2000 model AU that got smartshield....

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

EL-FAIRMONT-GHIA wrote:
5tumpy wrote:

Is that price genuine Ford or aftermarket? I am assuming genuine Ford would be the only option.

They were about 160 from fraud spare parts, but I couldn't get them, as they had been superseded by the BA one, which requires a whole new loom. The $140 was from a wreckers, tested and guaranteed. You should ask XR8_dismantler if he had any in stock, be your best bet I think...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]