Fordmods Logo

AU Switches 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: AU Switches
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I'm looking at doing some custom stuff to my car. And wanna keep a factory style/theme running through. The switches, like 1/2 Height Antenna Switch & Traction Control Switch & the other switches that are on the Fairmont's and Fairmont Ghias, and Fairlanes, and TS50's. Can you use these as a simple toggle switch?

As on them, they have all different pinouts and stuff. When i was reading Steve_T's article here: http://www.aufalcon.com/Tech/techant.htm

He says here:
Quote:
OK, look at the back of the antenna switch - hold it so that the plastic notch (where the multi plug would clip into to hold it in place) is at the top. Firstly, on the top row of pins, the second-from-the-left is the earth and the right-most pin is the signal (from the BEM). On the bottom row of pins, the second-from-the-right is the negative illumination wire and the right-most pin is the positive illumination wire. Note that when I say 'second-from-the-left' etc., you have to imagine that all the possible pins are in the switch i.e. there are provision for six pins on each row (with the middle two in the top row being taken up by the plastic notch) so there are ten 'virtual pin positions' - get it? :-)

So for a simple switch to say to turn on some driving lights. The wire from the driving lights would go into the right-most pin of the switch. Then where does the other wire connect to the switch to complete the circuit?

Thanks

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

umm so u want to use teh half height switch for the driving lights?
why bother? uses the half height switch for the right purpose i did it works good:)

as for teh frivign lighst wire them in so they turn on with your high beams it is quite easy to do.

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah, I will use the 1/2 height antenna switch for my electric aerial when i get one. Also I got some other things i wanna hook up, like globes/neons (not that i have any), horns, and shift kit.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

WA, Australia

LG wrote:
Yeah, I will use the 1/2 height antenna switch for my electric aerial when i get one. Also I got some other things i wanna hook up, like globes/neons (not that i have any), horns, and shift kit.
you mean your car dont have electric arieal? damn

ok i get you now
do u have series 1 or series 2 au? if you have the series 1 there is a a removeable panel were teh rear demsister switch is, maybe get a new one of those and sustom mount all your switchgear there in the one place thats were i placed my shift kit switches.

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
as for teh frivign lighst wire them in so they turn on with your high beams it is quite easy to do.

you do know that you have to have a seperate swtich for ur driving lights? so even when ur high beam is on u can turn them off??

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Pulco wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:

you do know that you have to have a seperate swtich for ur driving lights? so even when ur high beam is on u can turn them off??

You are meant to, but I dont
I have my wires all run, and the switch in place, its just not connected. If they complain, ill just cut the wire
simple

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:24 am 
Fordmods Junkie

WA, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
You are meant to, but I dont
I have my wires all run, and the switch in place, its just not connected. If they complain, ill just cut the wire
simple

yup do what andrew did
it should all be fused so there wont be any dramas

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have a Series III Falcon. I'm planning on putting all my switches in the middle console, using the factory buttons. Should be good :)

But I wanna know if you can connect these switches just like any other normal switch?

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

WA, Australia

i suppose you could and you can get them to backlight :)

RIP SCOTT

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]