Fordmods Logo

Auto parkers 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

hey cheers for dat, its true though, ive seen it quite a bit some poor preck gettin the sh#$ kicked out of him for askin a question. Hey lucky me gets to work on a freakin laser tomorrow cant stand em, Just finished Mark Reaneys Ford clevo today poor beggars heading over east to race his drag car he's had nothin but bad luck. I wish him the best, good luck with the race meet mate and hope she runs consistent for ya (betta since were the ones that worked it lol)

Normally the questions asked are intelligent ones, and those who take the pi@# of em, normally know sweet F.A themselves.

Anyhow, when i get a chance ill get back to my idea of gettin me parkers on during unlocking/ locking,
Firstly my thoughts would be to (since the central lockin system is a custom one and not factory through the BEM)
Set up a circuit in which trips a door or courtesy switch from the central locking unit.

That will turn the dome light on for its 30 secs or so when unlocked and locked,
The next trick is to use this in conjuction with the parkers for now i must sleep but when my brain wakes up and figures out the prob i'll let ya's know.

my thought would be to use a dome light wire to power the trigger side on a relay which bypasses the off position on the parkers switch, now when BEM times out, the relay will open therefore turning parkers off again.

Prob is using dome lights will be a pain cause when you want to turn ya domes on the parkers will come on,

BUT, what do we have in the vehicle thats run from the BEM that we cant Manually turn on and off.... the ignition barrel light.

Thinking about it i dont think there will be any probs with this, if anyone can think of one let me know before i go silly with me car hahaha.

Cheers

Be good if not be good at it[/quote]

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:49 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

blue_icestorm wrote:
BUT, what do we have in the vehicle thats run from the BEM that we cant Manually turn on and off.... the ignition barrel light.

Thinking about it i dont think there will be any probs with this, if anyone can think of one let me know before i go silly with me car hahaha.

The doors? Open door - ignition barrel, and now, parkers come on.

I like where you're heading with this idea though. Just gotta dedicate some brain time to this myself. I've got several projects floating around up there.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

blue_icestorm wrote:
Anyhow, when i get a chance ill get back to my idea of gettin me parkers on during unlocking/ locking,
Firstly my thoughts would be to (since the central lockin system is a custom one and not factory through the BEM)
Set up a circuit in which trips a door or courtesy switch from the central locking unit.That will turn the dome light on for its 30 secs or so when unlocked and locked,The next trick is to use this in conjuction with the parkers for now i must sleep but when my brain wakes up and figures out the prob i'll let ya's know.my thought would be to use a dome light wire to power the trigger side on a relay which bypasses the off position on the parkers switch, now when BEM times out, the relay will open therefore turning parkers off again.Prob is using dome lights will be a pain cause when you want to turn ya domes on the parkers will come on, BUT, what do we have in the vehicle thats run from the BEM that we cant Manually turn on and off.... the ignition barrel light. Thinking about it i dont think there will be any probs with this, if anyone can think of one let me know before i go silly with me car hahaha.
The link I added to my last post had this link http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... light=park - If you have a look at my offering, I think you'll find it suits what you're after.
If you want the interior lights (and parkers) to come on when doors are unlocked, you'll need to operate your central locking by a smartlock keyfob, otherwise interiors and parkers will come on only until a door is opened. It's not difficult to splice the unlock/lock lines to the BEM for this purpose.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Good thought, yeah i had a look at the other ideas, but me bein me, i find myself doin things the simplest way possible therefore when things go wrong there simply soughted.

ok how about we get techy, yet ...simple then lol, somethin like, hook up the positive power wire from ya bem, direct to ya parkers, now ya earth would run straight to ya central lockin unit, i'd have to check out me central lockin unit wiring but it might just be possible.

like before, set up me central locking unit to trip a courtesy switch therefore givin power to the parkers and with the central lockin being activated will close the circuit.

so that both instances must occur before the lights come on and if ya turn the dome lights on the parkers wont come on unless you lock or unlock the doors, it would all be dependent on the central lockin unit trippin the BEM
anyhow off to bed with me got a EL to work on tomoz

Post subject: Re: Auto parkers
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
You se my new alarm doesn't kill the engine til you lock the doors - so you never get to hear the warning noise.

BINGO!

Fix the alarm. Problem solved :p

Seriously though, is there a point behind this "feature"?

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:31 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

Dunno. Turbo timer maybe. Guess I need to get a turbo now.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Futura

VIC, Australia

well i have acctually done a simular mod to my car.
but my parkers come on when i unlock the car or the doors open..
ive got a relay with the trigger wire wired upto the key barrel light, so that when you unlock the car the interiour light comes on, triggers the relay which is also wired upto the parklight switch. when u turn the key the lights turn off, coz the interiour lights turn off..
and when you lock your car the lights turn off also..
only problem with this is that, with my ef fairmont ghia, my interiour lights fade out, so the relay starts to flutter when the voltage drops below 5v.
and i still havnt been able to figure out how to stop it. tried voltage reg, doesnt do sh*t
so if anyone got any ideas would b good cheers :D

Ba Futura. on gas. lowerd, 17 xr wheels tint, ipod n bluetooth. nothin to xciting. does the job and goes cheap.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

A capacitor should do the trick, nfi what value you'd need though.

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Futura

VIC, Australia

LSD wrote:
A capacitor should do the trick, nfi what value you'd need though.

capacitor from the trigger wire? and wat is "nfi"

Ba Futura. on gas. lowerd, 17 xr wheels tint, ipod n bluetooth. nothin to xciting. does the job and goes cheap.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:17 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

no f**k idea

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

slimjim wrote:
capacitor from the trigger wire? and wat is "nfi"

nfi = no f**k idea

Now, and I'm sure I've mentioned this to you in the past, the "problem" with your interior lights is most likely down to the PWM (pulse width modulation) employed to achieve the fade out effect. This works by rapidly switching the lights on and off and slowly decreasing the rate at which they're switched off. The human eye can't make out the switching so simply averages it out and thus percieves it as fading. A multimeter would also register a falling voltage for much the same reason.

Putting a capacitor in line will help smooth this out and hopefully keep your relay energised the whole time the lights are fading but you need to find a value thats large enough to maintain the supply for the longest the lights are switched off but also small enough that it doesn't take eons to charge. A far better idea is to simply find a line that isn't subject to the PWM the interior lights are and using that to trigger your circuit, perhaps using a 555 wired as a monostable.

Team Argon Silver

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2