Auto Trans Shifter surround 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Auto Trans Shifter surround
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XR8 UTE

VIC, Australia

Hey guys i can get either a mahogany or a teke finish surround but i dont know which 1 is better so what are your opinions which should i take and what are the differences in them? Thanks

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

you got any other woodgrain in your car? you going to get any woodgrain in your car? what you paying for 'em?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah im gettin woodgrain on doors and dash later. im gettin one for $70

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

well, what woodgrain on the doors etc? it would be good to match that up! i *believe* the ghia trimmings are easier to get hold of - i've got the DF LTD ones, which is the darkest - they are i think the hardest to come by, as there were far fewer of them made.

are they the genuine ford ones? i may be interested in the dark one if you decide to grab the other one...

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i dunno i suppose it'd be to match the auto trans colour. Well what one is the lighter colour is it teke (or however it is spelt) or the mahogony?

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

ummm... pretty sure the mahogony is the darker colour - give dcstraight a PM - hes the interior guru - he'll be able to tell you anything & everything you need to know - even do a quick search, cause he's posted quite a few times about the differences between the wood. can't find it just yet, but he will be able to help you. there are actually 3 types of woodgrain - EF Ghia, EL Ghia, and DF LTD - rosewood, burlwood, and mahogony... so you need to find out what the lighter coloured one is of the 2!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well i know how interested in getting the woodgrain surround so give these guys a call because they said they had a few and if they dont have it they can usually get it. Speak to Tony. Since you are in WA your postage costs may make the cost a little more.

Macarthur Parts Plus
49B Smeaton Grange Rd
Narellan NSW 2567
(02)46461288

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

cheers - i've got one on the way thanks to dcstraight - just keeping my eyes open for others, as this one has a small hole in it from hands-free kit, so if it really f**k me off, i *may* look for another - but i doubt it! :P

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

There are three different styles of woodgrain used in the EF-ELII models:

1.) The EF and EFII style, it is a true wood "grain" style and is the lightest of the three available in the range.

2.) The EL, ELII and FBT style, it is also a true wood "grain" style and is a few shades darker than the EF and EFII style - Most people wont now there is a differnce or even know which one is which altho are trying to sell them; best bet is to just find out which model car they came out of ORIGINALY if possible.

3.) The DF, DFII, DL and EL(GT) style is a mahogany looking style that doesnt support an actual wood "grain" appearence so to speak, it is darker again than the other two styles and is rarer to find altho not impossible.

Again - its best to find out what car they came from to see which one it is or just ask for a picture and compare it to other people woodgrain even tho you can usually pick which style it is with a decent picture - good luck. :P

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:44 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

stixinc - are the pics in your gallery of your car (EL Fairmont?) - if so, I'm confused - as you appear to already have the woodgrain gear shifter surround as well as the woodgrain doortrim inserts as well ??

Anyway, not 100% sure what you're after - some links / pics would help if possible ?

Oh and JFYI - I recently found out that the woodgrain is REALLY made of wood with what appears to be layers of lacquer (sp?) to give it the sealed shiny finish...well this poor wreck of an EF Ghia I saw was like this anyway - so I can only presume the rest of the woodgrain styles (EF/NF/DF/EL/NL/DL/GT) are all the same too :?:

Cheers,
Steve

PS, Apologies if this post does not actually help lol

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

Daniel wrote:
There are three different styles of woodgrain used in the EF-ELII models:

1.) The EF and EFII style, it is a true wood "grain" style and is the lightest of the three available in the range.

2.) The EL, ELII and FBT style, it is also a true wood "grain" style and is a few shades darker than the EF and EFII style - Most people wont now there is a differnce or even know which one is which altho are trying to sell them; best bet is to just find out which model car they came out of ORIGINALY if possible.

3.) The DF, DFII, DL and EL(GT) style is a mahogany looking style that doesnt support an actual wood "grain" appearence so to speak, it is darker again than the other two styles and is rarer to find altho not impossible.

Again - its best to find out what car they came from to see which one it is or just ask for a picture and compare it to other people woodgrain even tho you can usually pick which style it is with a decent picture - good luck. :P

rosewood is ef
burlwood is the el

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]