Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ozmale42 wrote:
Lukeyson wrote:
$75 for THAT!

Holy cow.

That's either wishful thinking, great enterprenerial skill, or a rip off merchant waiting to pounce!

I'd rather redirect anyone that want's a BA Clock Harness to Nicko with who has shown a genuine harness than point you to that eBay goose (or really smart bloke, depending on your take on it)....

Lukeyson

Tell me about it. the clock and fascia itself didn't cost me much more than that !!...An auto elect has quoted about $70 to fit so If I also paid $75 for the loom on Ebay the whole exercise is gonna set me back near on $250.....Bloody expensive clock....Could buy a nice mens Seiko watch for that !!! ha ah

Come to the think of it those instructions that come with it are off this website aren't they?....Looks very familiar.....Did you notice that? Potential breach of copyright

BA Mk2 GT 6 Speed Manual - Silhouette

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF MKIII XR inspired wagon

QLD, Australia

So what's all this talk about BEM'S and CAN bus stuff??? I have absolutely no knowledge of BA electronics....are you saying that the clock conversion can't be successfully done as per the tech document and we need to buy all this other stuff just to get a bl***y clock to work??? I'm just going by the instructions that were posted by Matti so I'm hoping like hell that it's all correct and that nothing self destructs because of incorrect information. Does anybody know if anyone else has fitted the clock following Matti's tech document instructions and has had success?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

why dont a few of you guys chip in and buy one instruction set off him - the connector is just a cd rom connector - all you need is instructions
then post them up on here!

Nicko

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Nicko wrote:
why dont a few of you guys chip in and buy one instruction set off him - the connector is just a cd rom connector - all you need is instructions
then post them up on here!
Why make him rich,if, apparently all we need is the connector ( which most of us now have) and the tech document instructions already here on the forums? Can anyone confirm that we don't need the BEM etc for this conversion or is it exactly like the tech document says for fitment of clock i.e. splicing into dash cluster for power, illumination, dimming and earth return?

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

linz wrote:
So what's all this talk about BEM'S and CAN bus stuff??? I have absolutely no knowledge of BA electronics....are you saying that the clock conversion can't be successfully done as per the tech document and we need to buy all this other stuff just to get a bl***y clock to work??? I'm just going by the instructions that were posted by Matti so I'm hoping like hell that it's all correct and that nothing self destructs because of incorrect information. Does anybody know if anyone else has fitted the clock following Matti's tech document instructions and has had success?

hehe. Hey dude, deep breaths.

The tech doco will work fine. The tech doco just hooks the wires up to other parts of the loom in the BA that provide the same thing.

My comments are about how the clock is hooked up from the factory, which is slightly different but with the same end result. Our latest comments are more about how to avoid 'paying too much' to that guy on eBay who wants to sell you what is in essence a $3 cable with instructions (that you can get for free from here), and not that his or our instructions won't work.

Sometimes we dive in too deep here. Which means you either get the extra information you needed, or you get complete information overload.

Lukeyson

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
linz wrote:

hehe. Hey dude, deep breaths.

The tech doco will work fine. The tech doco just hooks the wires up to other parts of the loom in the BA that provide the same thing.

My comments are about how the clock is hooked up from the factory, which is slightly different but with the same end result. Our latest comments are more about how to avoid 'paying too much' to that guy on eBay who wants to sell you what is in essence a $3 cable with instructions (that you can get for free from here), and not that his or our instructions won't work.

Sometimes we dive in too deep here. Which means you either get the extra information you needed, or you get complete information overload.

Lukeyson
Hey Lukeyson, sorry if I was a bit full on...I think it was the information overload that had me a tad concerned...anyway, a thousand thank yous to everyone involved in this thread. Looks like we'll all have our clocks ticking away very soon...cheers Linz.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

That loom on Ebay ended up going for $65.00

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

I've got the 4 pin Jaycar connector, but only 3 wires exit it (one is free for some reason)...In the hands of the auto electrician on Thursday, he can sort it! Cheers

BA Mk2 GT 6 Speed Manual - Silhouette

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I was lucky enough to get another multi pin connector from a computer ( i think it had 6-8 wires) with the same type of female connector as the 4 pin one...I removed all the fine wires out of the 4 pin and replaced them with the other wires from the 6-8 pin connector ( they can be removed from connectors easily by flicking up the small plastic hold down flap near the rear of the plug and slide the wires out and refit the new ones by simply sliding them back in)...this way I have 4 different coloured wires all the same guage. The length of the wires that I have are only about 20 cm long, but I'll be soldering longer lengths on to connect them to the cluster...Cheers Linz.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Pics?

Lukeyson

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I was hoping that noone would ask for pics...gotta find someone to teach me how to do that :(

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

i dont think the clock would have been deleted, my dad purchased a BF2 XR6 with the premium sound dual zone climate control and GPS, and that had the clock on it

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3