Fordmods Logo

BA Analogue Clock Fitment 

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: BA Analogue Clock Fitment
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=36

Guys I've gone through the above document and am going to put it into the hands of either a Ford Dealer (wnen the car goes in for its next service ) or otherwise a reputable auto electrician.

Is the instalation a time consuming job?...and would a typical surburban auto electrian be able to do handle the job easily if I were to print off the instructions and hand it to them?

I have a BA without either the auto climate control and auto lights off feature so I'd would need the wiring take care of (i.e the 4 wires from the clock module to the instrument cluster)

Does anyone have a pic of the 4 pin plug that goes into the clock module itself (i.e that looks like the soundcard connector) as I could buy this now and give it to the guy who does the instalation to save time and mucking around?....

Thanks guys

BA Mk2 GT 6 Speed Manual - Silhouette

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Give me some time. i just bought a whole Fairlane/LTD dash wiring harness off ebay. I can show you the connectors.

Lukeyson

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Give me some time. i just bought a whole Fairlane/LTD dash wiring harness off ebay. I can show you the connectors.

Lukeyson

Thanks mate > I actually just won the analoguen clock off ebay...coincidence !!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: BA Analogue Clock Fitment
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF MKIII XR inspired wagon

QLD, Australia

ozmale42 wrote:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=36

Guys I've gone through the above document and am going to put it into the hands of either a Ford Dealer (wnen the car goes in for its next service ) or otherwise a reputable auto electrician.

Is the instalation a time consuming job?...and would a typical surburban auto electrian be able to do handle the job easily if I were to print off the instructions and hand it to them?

I have a BA without either the auto climate control and auto lights off feature so I'd would need the wiring take care of (i.e the 4 wires from the clock module to the instrument cluster)

Does anyone have a pic of the 4 pin plug that goes into the clock module itself (i.e that looks like the soundcard connector) as I could buy this now and give it to the guy who does the instalation to save time and mucking around?....
Hey ozmale42, I'm doing the same thing to my BA XL ute...I've got the clock and I'm going to Jaycar today hopefully to check out the connector plug. I've sent a couple of PM's to matti asking for info regarding splicing wires into cluster loom and also pic of connector but unfortunately I haven't received any replies...looks like I'll have to find out for myself. If I have luck with the connector, I'll try and put a photo up and let you know the Jaycar catalogue no. for the connector...Cheers Linz.
Thanks guys

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey ozmale42, I don't know what happened there...I hit the "reply with quote" icon and the whole thing showed up as your quote including my reply!!! (doesn't happen like that on the 'other' ford forums LOL) ...Cheers Linz.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

From the Manwell...

Lukeyson

Attachments:
Clock Connector.GIF
Clock Connector.GIF [ 2.29 KiB | Viewed 2044 times ]

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This might help a bit too.

Lukeyson

Attachments:
Clock Wiring Diagram.GIF
Clock Wiring Diagram.GIF [ 9.46 KiB | Viewed 2119 times ]

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Awe heck.

I've just gone over the Fairlane loom I just bought, and can't for the life of me find the Clock connector. I've found pretty much everything else though.

It is admittedly a BF2 loom - the clock didn't get deleted from the BF2 Fairlane did it?

And did you notice that in the above images there's some sort of mixup between C4 and I4? It's hard to get reliable information these days!

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I just noticed this clock on eBay has a BATTERY.

WTF is that all about? This is either an aftermarket unit OR the later model clocks aren't hoooked into the harness. Could that really be possible?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-BF-BLACK ... dZViewItem

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey Lukeyson, maybe 14 and c4 is a misprint, everything else looks ok except that wire colour for illumination should be BR instead of W. I think that the battery in the ebay photo is either propping up the clock to level it for the picture or maybe they might have powered up the light inside with the 9 volts supply...it looks like the light is on behind the 12 o'clock position. With regards to the fairlane loom, you'd think it would all be there, but I'm wondering if someone has got to it before you received it? The BF2 Fairlane definately has the clock in it and it's not battery operated. Just for the record, I went to 2 Jaycar stores today and got a blank look both times regarding the connector...the 2nd store suggested I go to a computer repair store so I found one close to home and they gave me 2 connectors with wiring from a CD-ROM to sound card part so it looks like I've got all I need to do the job now. Hope this is helpful...cheers Linz.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Forgot to mention that wire colour BR instead of W is related to wiring connector in first schematic drawing...Linz.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It's a CDRom style connector? I have heaps of those!

Any chance you could take a close-up snapshot of it and post it up here?

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Yep, that's right...don't know how to post up pictures but I just did a search on JAYCAR under computer internal cables and there it is!!! Catalogue no. PLO756 SOUND CARD/CD-ROM AUDIO CABLE ( it's the thin black 4 lead plug)....so much for Jaycar staff saying that they don't sell those leads!!! Cheers Linz.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

linz wrote:
Yep, that's right...don't know how to post up pictures but I just did a search on JAYCAR under computer internal cables and there it is!!! Catalogue no. PLO756 SOUND CARD/CD-ROM AUDIO CABLE ( it's the thin black 4 lead plug)....so much for Jaycar staff saying that they don't sell those leads!!! Cheers Linz.

So if I buy this from Jaycar this substitutes for a loom?....If so that's great!...Theres a loom on ebay at present but when I inquired about a "buy now" price the guy came back with a price of $75.00...too much

How much is the Jaycar part?

An auto elect will fit the thing for $70

Cheers boys

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

I have a BEM and wiring harness here for a clock - cost me a fair bit!
Lukey - the reason you wont find it is because its not part of the main harness

Ill take some photos

Nicko

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next