Fordmods Logo

BA/BF Cup Holders 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA/BF Cup Holders
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

I have been doing some work requiring me to disassemble my centre console recently, but one thing I can't figure out how to get out is the BA Cup Holder with flip-top lid.

Question (1): How do you get it out? The Factory Workshop Manual skips the removal of the cup-holder.

When my BA XR8 was new, the little clip in the flip-top lid failed, and they had to replace the whole unit - which I thought to be a bit stupid. I noticed that the BF does not have the lid, and instead has a reversible insert.

Question 2: Can the BF Cup Holder be retrofitted to the BA Falcon. Does anyone have a part number or pricing on tha BF Cup Holder?

Lukeyson

Post subject: Re: BA/BF Cup Holders
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Reindeer

NSW, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:

Question (1): How do you get it out? The Factory Workshop Manual skips the removal of the cup-holder.

Open the lid and the center concole lid grab the cup holder and give it a pull.... you wont break it.

Lukeyson wrote:

Question 2: Can the BF Cup Holder be retrofitted to the BA Falcon. Does anyone have a part number or pricing on tha BF Cup Holder?

you can.... dunno the price, if you have the piano black fairlane cover like i do its worth $300

Its people like you that make people that kill other people, sleep easier at night.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]