Fordmods Logo

BA - MCC to ACC Conversion 

Page 7 of 17 [ 246 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Sunload Sensor

Attachments:
SUNLOAD_SENSOR_IMG_1265_WEB.jpg
SUNLOAD_SENSOR_IMG_1265_WEB.jpg [ 15.89 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
SUNLOAD_SENSOR_COVER_IMG_1263_WEB.jpg
SUNLOAD_SENSOR_COVER_IMG_1263_WEB.jpg [ 15.93 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

HVAC Drivers Actuator stuff.

Attachments:
HVAC_DRIVERS_ACTUATOR_KIT_IMG_1268_WEB.jpg
HVAC_DRIVERS_ACTUATOR_KIT_IMG_1268_WEB.jpg [ 14.32 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

New HIM

Attachments:
HIM_PART_NO_IMG_1250_WEB.jpg
HIM_PART_NO_IMG_1250_WEB.jpg [ 20.83 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]
HIM_HVAC_FACE_IMG_1251_WEB.jpg
HIM_HVAC_FACE_IMG_1251_WEB.jpg [ 18.94 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]
HIM_CONNECTORS_IMG_1249_WEB.jpg
HIM_CONNECTORS_IMG_1249_WEB.jpg [ 21.9 KiB | Viewed 230 times ]
File comment: Notice smack bang in the middle of the HIM is the plug for the Drivers Actuator Subharness.
HIM_ACCESIBLE_FACE_IMG_1248_WEB.jpg
HIM_ACCESIBLE_FACE_IMG_1248_WEB.jpg [ 19.01 KiB | Viewed 266 times ]

Last edited by Lukeyson on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Anyone got image overload yet?

Lukeyson

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: F6 Tornado

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Anyone got image overload yet?

Me :(

Seriously though, good work - will make this process so much easier for the next victim. Took me a crapload of research to find out what needed to be done - not many people knew, so I had to browse wiring diagrams and WS manuals.

Fun, sometimes....hehe

Keep us posted.

Thanx.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:25 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Looks like you've got plenty more fun to come.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

are you aware you dont need a new him?

pity you arent in WA or i'd give u a hand to install it all

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes, I am.

When I put in order to FTG they shipped me one of those anyway. I guess it was a part of their kit.

I'm going to get the current HIM reprogrammed any, so I can at least sniff those messages and check them out for myself. Maybe I'll get them to program it, set it back, and program it again so I can capture all messages.....

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:42 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

yeh. Also which bem are you going to use?
if yours is the same colour id use your existing bem, this will eliminate needing to code keys etc before the car will start.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No, it's not.

I have a Black BEM with 'Black' ID. Otherwise I would have more than likely had a Blue BEM before the Alarm was installed.

I've heard it said by the Guru at FTG that the Black BEMs can be programmed for Dual-Zone support, so I will be giving it a go.

Otherwise the new unit is a 'White' BEM with a Green ID on it.

Either way, there's no way that I want to get out of this without sniffing a Parameter Reset, Radio Recode, CTS Load and Dealer Key Teach now is there.... !

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Yes, I am.

When I put in order to FTG they shipped me one of those anyway. I guess it was a part of their kit.

I'm going to get the current HIM reprogrammed any, so I can at least sniff those messages and check them out for myself. Maybe I'll get them to program it, set it back, and program it again so I can capture all messages.....

Lukeyson

Mick sent the HIM because it was programed for ACC . either way you will need to program one of the HIMs . Same with the BEM you would use your original black BEM but I told him to send a green BEM aswell because i knew you would play around with them and they would come in handy. :wink:

next conversion will have to be the traction control and the rear brakes hey Luke :D

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hehe.

HDC on the missus SX? Could be. I could have used it a few weeks ago during the Quagmire that was the Maitland flood. If you ever swap out the Bosch module and the dash button on yours Darren you be sure to let us know if it worked.....Most people that have it say they have never used it though.

And I'll see how many times the fronts lock up or the rears overheat. It would be nice I agree.

But I'd be pretty keen on working out this reverse-dip thing first though, especially if I can get it to work without a seat memory module, considering I'd use it every day. It'll be a matter of finding mirrors not priced into the stratosphere. I've even had a few stabs at asking aftermarket mobs about them....

Given all the BA Fairmont Ghia's and LWB cars I see on the road, I'd have thought more of them would have crashed by now!

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:19 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

darren just out of interest whats the kit worth to do the conversion? without the HIM and the BEM?

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

xpression wrote:
darren just out of interest whats the kit worth to do the conversion? without the HIM and the BEM?

conversion is $1650

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This particular post will be devoted to listing all the differences I find between the BA Loom and the BF Loom.

To clarify, I have a BF Fairlane Loom that I am hoping to use for the conversion. But there are obviously some differences that I need to be aware of.

(1) The NAVI lines. I can see that there's an additional connector in the RHS junction box behind the drivers kick panel - obviously for SAT-NAV down the RHS Chassis Loom to the Sat Nav in the rear parcel shelf. Also the NAVI line pops out of the harness under the BEM - for plugging into the ICC input obviously.

I shall studiously ignore this for now.

(2) Cornering Lamps vs Foggies. This may be a carry-over from the BA as well. There's one line from the Foggy switch down via the RHS junction box into the RHS engine bay loom. There are also 2 x Cornering Lamp lines from the INdicator switch to the RHS junction box down to the RHS loom. I'm not sure then if the RHS loom passes all 3 lines to the Power Distributin Box. But at the PDB it can only be one or the other - Cornering Lamps or Foggies. There's only one spot and the manual shows a relay and Diodes for either C/L or Foggies - not both.

Basically I just need to make sure the Foggy lines are all in the Fairlane dash loom to be passed to my XR RHS engine bay loom.

(3) ICC to IC CAN Bus and SAS/YAW sensors. On the BA, the CAN bus from the ICC to IC is pretty much direct via the dash harness. But on the BF - thanks to the DSC - there are two extra modules, the YAW rate sensor and the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). The YAW rate branches off from the ICC to BEM line in the loom - so no problems there. BUT the SAS bridges out of the IC to ICC lines VIA connector C-336 in the Fuse Box. The BA doesn't use this connector at all (it's not listed in the BA w/s manual). But it IS listed in DSC Territories and BF Falcons.

It lookes like C-336 ties all 7 pins on the left together (CANH), and all 7 pins on the right together (CANL), and therefore ties together the CANH and CANHL pins for ICC, IC, SAS and Diag.

Freaky eh?

This means that if C-336 is not supported correctly in the harness OR on the back of my current Fuse Box, then the ICC to IC CAN line will be interrupted. No speedo. No Trip Computers. Nada

The BF loom somes with a fuse box, so all is not lost. But that would have been a painful gotcha!

But if the BA Fuse box DOES support the C-336 junction, it would make me wonder how close Ford were to putting DSC in the BA Falcon at the start. The Territory came with it, and that was just over a year later....

More to come as I find them....

Lukeyson

Last edited by Lukeyson on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 17  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next