ba xr6 rear LHS door wont lock 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: ba xr6 rear LHS door wont lock
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

hello all. just a quick question. i have a 03 ba xr6t and someone in the back seat pulled the door handle and it slammed back and damaged something ive looked inside and cant visable see anything damaged...at first the door wouldnt even shut but the i played around with the child lock lever and now it shuts fine but wont lock at all. its only the rear LHS that wont lock. can someone help me

is this what i need

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-BA-DOOR- ... 2eaae13f9b

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Post subject: Re: ba xr6 rear LHS door wont lock
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

that would be the locking actuator fairley common in the ba for that to bust not hard to change but u need a wire adaptor cause they changed the mortor

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6,ED Wagon,EA Sedans,XF Ghi

QLD, Australia

james88 wrote:
hello all. just a quick question. i have a 03 ba xr6t and someone in the back seat pulled the door handle and it slammed back and damaged something ive looked inside and cant visable see anything damaged...at first the door wouldnt even shut but the i played around with the child lock lever and now it shuts fine but wont lock at all. its only the rear LHS that wont lock. can someone help me

is this what i need

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-BA-DOOR- ... 2eaae13f9b

I had the same prob & replaced the actuator & works fine now,was a bit of a worry when I was at my daughters in Newcastle with car parked on the street not being able to be locked though!
They certainly have gone up in price ,mine was a reco job off ebay=$45 posted.
Easy to replace but!

"When Cars Were Steel"
"Cars Were Real"

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

yeah we have actually had the car broken into. Well not really broken. I let my mrs drive it because she doesn't have a car and i have 4 and she does banking for her work and left bout 600 dollars in the car which was stolen .but Was our fault tho i spose bit stupid leaving money in an basically unlocked car. Its not been too bad when its at home because its in a garage but im headin up to trade school the week after next and it will be left out in the open. I just bought that thing from ebay hose it fixes it

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6,ED Wagon,EA Sedans,XF Ghi

QLD, Australia

james88 wrote:
yeah we have actually had the car broken into. Well not really broken. I let my mrs drive it because she doesn't have a car and i have 4 and she does banking for her work and left bout 600 dollars in the car which was stolen .but Was our fault tho i spose bit stupid leaving money in an basically unlocked car. Its not been too bad when its at home because its in a garage but im headin up to trade school the week after next and it will be left out in the open. I just bought that thing from ebay hose it fixes it

Oh thats a bummer$600.
You will find it very very easy to replace so get into it on Sat :lol:

"When Cars Were Steel"
"Cars Were Real"

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

i had the same problem with my mk1 au futura in the back lhs door and i found that if i removed the screw off the door handle from the inside, took the metal pole off and put the screw back in it, it would then be alright apart from not being able to be opened from the outside, then about 3 weeks later, i put the rod back on the handle and it has been fine ever since :)

BANNED USER

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]