Post subject: Back Doors dont Lock
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

Hi All,

I recently bought a new toy, an Ex telstra BA XT Falcon
I only just picked it up yesterday and well the rear doors do not lock at all.
I locked the car and just outa sheer coincidence pulled the right rear door handle and vola it opened.I thought maybe i hadnt locked it and ask my GF to relock the car and testing again revealed it still opened. Today at work i called the car yard and advised them of this as i have a 30day roadworthy warranty etc etc. And stupidly they asked me to check the childlocks (who knows why) and well everything was fine there but i noticed that i could open the rear left door as well when after locking. i spoke to the mechanic and he said that sometimes the actuators lock up and i should give the inside of the door a tap and hopefully this will free them up. Tried and it didnt resolve the issue. Spoke to the mechanic and he said i`d have to bring the car back so he can have a look.Well that doesnt suit me at all as i have to drive back to melbourne from the latrobe valley. My question is, is this something i can have a look at as well.....u can open the back doors even if the car is locked so if my car goes for a walk i can kiss my insurance goodbye. any help would be much appreciated

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Post subject: Re: Back Doors dont Lock
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

sounds like a the rear actuators have failed.
Although, have you checked the fusebox, as someone recently found the front windows and rear windows were on different fuses, so the usual ford electrician may just have striked again.

If neither are any luck, either up for taking it back or see how far you can explore. hehe.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

OZBMX wrote:
sounds like a the rear actuators have failed.
Although, have you checked the fusebox, as someone recently found the front windows and rear windows were on different fuses, so the usual ford electrician may just have striked again.

If neither are any luck, either up for taking it back or see how far you can explore. hehe.

I am thinking the same, just replace them with either Ba or AUIII actuators and you should be sweet as OZBMX said check fuses and reallays

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I can hear them trying to work but nothing from there. Would they maybe be stuck?

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

do they make kind of a whirring noise like they are trying to work? if so actuators are buggered. only other thing i can think of is to check wether it is installed properly. if you need a quick fix, inside the door, disconnect the outside door handle from the latch. (im pretty sure its just a rod) this basically makes the externals handles useless till you put the rod back.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Well i pulled the levers off both back doors for now until the issue is fixed, Bloody child lock switched itself on the rear right door....sigh such a pain to get it to release but neverless i got it.. Will have to come to an agreement of some sort with the dealer. On a positive note while i was pulling seats and stuff apart to get the door open i found a audio splitter of some sort...goes from like speakers to RCA outputs so yay for me..i`ll be able to install my amp at some point

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:21 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Buy a repair kit on evil-bay,$50.00 all fixed in 15 minutes

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]