Fordmods Logo

Blowing Central Locking Fuses? WTF! Help? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Blowing Central Locking Fuses? WTF! Help?
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
go to ford and get a copy of the wiring harness for central lock and air bags,they may share some wiring\or earthing.

will do...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Was on the Street Fords Forum and Sam suggested that I go round and unplug the door looms at a time and see if they have a fault but when I went out to the car and proceeded to unplug the drivers loom to start going one by one and I put my hand up the kickpanel area and it is VERY damp almost to the point of being wet?

Could the conbination of the wet weather the cold and foggy nights has put alot of condensation up there? Thus creating something for the power to ark with ( i may be wrong ) I have removed the carpet and alike and made some space for it to 'air' out to dry.

So the car is sitting outside with the battery unplugged and carpet pulled up... no that keen on playing with the power with wet damp area near the fuses.

But I find it strange for only the central locking fuse to blow.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

With the AU it is common for the spot welds under the windscreen wiper motor to rust out and let water in.
Have a look at this thread on ford forums for a good fix guide.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11220972

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

foggy wrote:
With the AU it is common for the spot welds under the windscreen wiper motor to rust out and let water in.

That would be great if it wasn't banned (for no reason I might ad), ford forums tech area would be usful atm.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
foggy wrote:

That would be great if it wasn't banned (for no reason I might ad), ford forums tech area would be usful atm.

i just used the link and had a look,similar to all cars,pull the wiper cover off\ normally full of rubish and clean out.when dry i fish oil mine and screen it.dont forget to undo the bottom guards and clean out\paint it.any holes can be sealed with seam sealer or a body deadener----let it dry.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

AND?????????? a can of foam expander required?box of fuses progress---------

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:

I pulled the plenum chamber and wiper linkages and that found a few spot welds cracked etc so I waiting for the missus to come back from super cheap so i can silicone them up.

Another note I connected the battery back up and moved the car around so i can have more room in the car port. pulled the fuse box area away from the dash and pulled the carpet up some more, half the area is dry, not far from getting the missus hairdryer to dry the sound deadner s**t. and put it back to gether and see if the fuse blows once everything is installed and if it shorts NO IDEA!

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

I pulled the plenum chamber and wiper linkages and that found a few spot welds cracked etc so I waiting for the missus to come back from super cheap so i can silicone them up.

Another note I connected the battery back up and moved the car around so i can have more room in the car port. pulled the fuse box area away from the dash and pulled the carpet up some more, half the area is dry, not far from getting the missus hairdryer to dry the sound deadner s**t. and put it back to gether and see if the fuse blows once everything is installed and if it shorts NO IDEA!

going to sat use the dryer,any rubbish in the drains and guards,cover all the spot welds and seams-but use the dryer to get the water out.heat gun works.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
Froudey wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

going to sat use the dryer,any rubbish in the drains and guards,cover all the spot welds and seams-but use the dryer to get the water out.heat gun works.

I found the short I believe, unplugged a couple of looms and water dripped out, I put silicone on all the rusty sport welds and seems that were behind the wiper motor and linkages cleaned a heap of leaves and alike from the near the guard. I ripped all the wet spongey s**t away.

I will get the missus hair dryer and dry the area.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GOD DAMN IT!

I just spent a good hour drying out the wet area it is dry as... all the water is gone. I plugged everything back in and sent to insert a new fuse f**k!. It blew, I have no idea what the go is? I don't have money to simply take it down to the sparkies.

I wish I had some wiring diagrams concerning the bloody central locking. Looking the the poofy owners manual the central locking fuse shares the trailer aux and navigation..

I am at my wits end.

HELP.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
I have a Gregory's manual but that is not a whole lot of help to you. Are you able to get access to one of those? Sometimes the library might have them if not I got mine from supercrap for $40 or so.

The libary hmmm didn't think of that, it is a pity money is rare for me atm or I would be owning a manual and not bothering complaining about not having one.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Froudey wrote:
ashcook wrote:
I have a Gregory's manual but that is not a whole lot of help to you. Are you able to get access to one of those? Sometimes the library might have them if not I got mine from supercrap for $40 or so.

The libary hmmm didn't think of that, it is a pity money is rare for me atm or I would be owning a manual and not bothering complaining about not having one.

Our local libraries can order them in to at times. Then just photo copy the lot! Done that before

As have I, searched the local libs database online and we have one. So tuesday i will be down looking and copiing the apprioipaite books

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I unplugged the rear doors both left and right, put the fuse in again and it started to short so i pulled it out before it blew... I was going to remove the passengers side loom but it started to rain.

I have unplugged the drivers side earlier in the week and it blew so I assume it isn't the right front & rear doors. so If it blows when i remove the left front door loom it must be something else... and this means i will have to take it to the auto electricry

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Today I unplugged the door loom on the passengers side (all looms bar the drivers were unplugged) and fuse blew. And as I did this proir with the drivers door thus all door looms have been unplugged.

I rang a local sparky and he found it wierd, and said to look at it will cost me 50 to 100 dollars hmmm.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
That eliminates the doors as the issue then. I'd keep working your way and disconnect anything that has anything to do with the central locking.

Apart from the door looms, there is the switch on the dash and the BCM. Maybe a faulty BCM? I just had a look at my manual an there doesn't appear to be anything else on the central locking circuit.

Yeah i went to the libary and the central locking is on it's own circuit, the problem is, is the god damn rain, (tempted to move to darwin :P)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next