Blue LED dash mod 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Blue LED dash mod
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Alright guys im just after some info on these ready made led globes you can get off ebay etc. Like these http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10-X-T5-FORD-FALCON-FAIRMONT-XR-EF-EL-DASH-LED-BLUE_W0QQitemZ220373214429QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item220373214429&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

This has definatley been posted before but as everyone knows the search function isnt working very well so i have to resort to posting a new topic lol..

Im about to start doing some work in the interior in the EF Mont and decided to change the lighting in the instrument cluster to blue leds since a few of mine have blown. As far as i know, Narva have stopped making those blue led globes with the holders that plug into the back of cluster so what i am wanting to know is, are the ones on ebay just as good? Anyone here used them in their EF/EL? Did you have any issues with them regarding reliability?

I know i'll need to get some bulb holders (from narva maybe?), although i can use the 6 white holders in the cluster iirc? Cant be stuffed going out and buying the LEDs and resistors and all that unless i absolutley have to. Only reason im considering using ready made leds is cause im not to sure if the leds will stay in for long cause if i make up custom dials i might need something brighter.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash mod
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Also are the white bulb holders in the cluster the same as the other blue and black holders? Only difference being that the white holders have removable bulbs? Im pretty sure they should be but just checking in case..

If they are i might just go pinch a few from pick a part instead of buying new ones for the cluster lol, the bastards always rip me off

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah you can use the other bulb holders for them, so next stop pic apart.

Secondly just thought rather than buying off him, why not buy off the guy he buys off theirs another seller on there called virtual village something, from shanghia that's like half the price, reminds me I need to order another set off him, I've bought a couple sets so far without any issues.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

OZBMX wrote:
Yeah you can use the other bulb holders for them, so next stop pic apart.
Secondly just thought rather than buying off him, why not buy off the guy he buys off theirs another seller on there called virtual village something, from shanghia that's like half the price, reminds me I need to order another set off him, I've bought a couple sets so far without any issues.

Sweet as!! Saves me having to buy new holders now lol.. Im actually gonna go and get them locally seeing as i live in NZ so i dont wanna waste time with shipping and everything, might be able to get them off a guy who ive dealt with before.

How do you rate those ready made LED's? I know you said you havnt had any issues with them, so thats a good thing. Are they bright enough to light up the cluster though? Have seen some clusters with the LED mod and some areas on the rev counter and speedo arent as bright as other areas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]