Fordmods Logo

Bucket Seats 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Bucket Seats
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Anyone around here had a serious look into rear bucket seats at all?

I'm thinking of grafting some in to replace the seats and a few guys I've asked have said to check with DPI/Dept of Transport who will in turn tell me to "fill out these forms before you do anything and apply to modify your vehicle."

As always, looking for the shortcuts :P Only this time trying to find someone who might've been there and done it already who can tell me where to go other than to go get f**k lol

Cheers

-- Tympanic Membrane Desecration --

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

sorry mate, i got no ideas for u

just thought id suggest u make ur sig a bit smaller, its quite big lol

and u got pics on the fibreglass boot install ur doin? should run us through it mate sounds good

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:06 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

your mates are pretty much right. you'd have to get the car engineered. which can get expensive.
my understanding is that i the car was made to carry 5 people, it has to have seating for 5.
maybe you could mod a fairlane backseat. as they have different shape padding in the backrest which is shaped more for 2 passengers in the rear, rather than 3. if you were to mod that, but still keep it so you could seat 3, you could still got a simlar sort of look that your going after.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Here's a link eb guy - http://www.perthfalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=96 . There's some pics on the 1st page that show original looks in the first one or 2 posts or something. From there skip to the last page I'd say.

Mash - the reason I'm mainly looking to put buckets in the back isn't so much for looks as for sound quality. It'll have a nice Pioneer setup in it once it's all finished and I wanted to have the subs pushing pressure thru as uninterrupted as possible.

With the back seats up there's a REALLY noticeable difference in dB (goes from 130 with seats up to 139 with them down) so was hoping to not have to bother with folding seats down for shows.

Getting thing engineered isn't really a problem, a family friend is an engineer so I can get that ticketed for nicks. It's more trying to get everything sorted like with plaques and rego papers etc. Looks like it'll be a visit to DPI tomorrow, will advise as to the outcome.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:14 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

wow, nice work with the car. got any more pics of the boot install?
grille looks sweet too. you've cleaned the car up nicely since you picked it up.

yeah if you've got a mate thats an engineer should make it all go smoothly. i guess the other issue you would have is legroom.
are you going to use just another set of buckets from an ef/el? as they would take up more room than the bench seat. guess it depends on how often people sit in the back though.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

People hardly ever sit in the back of mine, that's why I'm considering the buckets. I wasn't necessarily looking at ef/el seats, pretty much anything that's still in good condition and is nice and comfy is what I'm after. I don't care about colour or material because they'll get recovered. May have found some from an EA Ghia, waiting on a few pics to have a look at condition.

Here's another link for ya Mash - http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo ... eryid=1845 . Keep in mind that was my dodgy "get everything in and working" install hahaha, it's all stripped now and waiting for some bits and pieces to be made so I can put it back together again.

Cheers

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

OK, the visit to DPI resulted in "we don't know man, go and see the guys who do the inspections for us."

Went to them, they said "Dunno man, gotta go see an engineer and get them to do it and send in with you all plans etc of what's to be done, then we can inspect it."

All that crap pretty much means exactly what I was going to do... grrrr haha. Go see my mate, get him to make up some brackets for whatever seats I decide to get, and then I can do the rest at home with our welder etc that we have.

Beureaucracy is s**t. *angry face* lol

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]