Fordmods Logo

CC Install 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: CC Install
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

How hard is it to install the climate control setup for an EF?

Worth paying an auto electrician for?

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

ask greg (Happy) - this slack prick is going to get around ot it eventually...

but its bloody hard work dylan!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

its a dash out job afaik....but you could colour your dash black when you get it out to suit the rest of your car ;)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

hey I resemble that comment!! :P

I wouldn't even try asking an auto electrician to do it Dylan, he would be learning as he went and would end up costing you an absolute fortune in labour costs.

Having not done it I can't give you step by steps but some tips. From what I can gather the easiest thing to do is upgrade your interior loom to a high series one out of an EF (in your case) fairmont and upgrade to the high series BEM also. Forget the high series loom out of the Fairlane.

That will give you all the plugs you need without having to re-wire your low series gli loom. Which is pretyt much holding me, and fuzion, up at this point - I'm not interested in trying to hack at mine. Maybe pierre is just really lazy like me hehe.

I also would advise in getting an airbox out of fully functional fairmont with cc also, degassing your existing system, swap it over and have it regassed. You can do it without but it means un-screwing or in some cases un-pop riveting the fan and vent motors and I reckon it is just too hard. There is also a bit in the cc mod doco which isn't quite finished - to do with the fan speed controllers and retro fitting them onto a low series airbox.

The entire dash needs to come out, you will have to strip it right back to plan plenty of time to do it properly and have everything ready to go when you start.

One day I will finish my back yard - which means I will then build my shed - which means I will then do my cc mod on my gli. Not sure which side of christmas 2008 that will be!! :P

Ask away if you need any help...

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Happy wrote:
hey I resemble that comment!! :P

I wouldn't even try asking an auto electrician to do it Dylan, he would be learning as he went and would end up costing you an absolute fortune in labour costs.

Having not done it I can't give you step by steps but some tips. From what I can gather the easiest thing to do is upgrade your interior loom to a high series one out of an EF (in your case) fairmont and upgrade to the high series BEM also. Forget the high series loom out of the Fairlane.

That will give you all the plugs you need without having to re-wire your low series gli loom. Which is pretyt much holding me, and fuzion, up at this point - I'm not interested in trying to hack at mine. Maybe pierre is just really lazy like me hehe.

I also would advise in getting an airbox out of fully functional fairmont with cc also, degassing your existing system, swap it over and have it regassed. You can do it without but it means un-screwing or in some cases un-pop riveting the fan and vent motors and I reckon it is just too hard. There is also a bit in the cc mod doco which isn't quite finished - to do with the fan speed controllers and retro fitting them onto a low series airbox.

The entire dash needs to come out, you will have to strip it right back to plan plenty of time to do it properly and have everything ready to go when you start.

One day I will finish my back yard - which means I will then build my shed - which means I will then do my cc mod on my gli. Not sure which side of christmas 2008 that will be!! :P

Ask away if you need any help...

Yeah yeah Greg, sounds like too much work. Might get fraud to look at it, itll cost more then the CC unit.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

u know...u could just buy a fairmont :P

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

mitch_anderson wrote:
u know...u could just buy a fairmont :P

lol wheres the fun in that?!?! :lol:

dylan - don't even go near ford! unless you have an arm, a leg, and all 3 of your testicals to donate as part-payment! :wink:

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

errrrm... i dunno :P
duz anyone know if multipoint manual signed back up to the forum?

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

sad part is i made up all the looms for a low series bem already

and now go ta high series loom to put in the dash instead! lol good few hour soldering those cables up neatly for no reason now

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA2 XR6T

NSW, Australia

the ugly bit is all those vacuum lines
we did the heater box in jases el cuz the core was leaking
put it all back together, and a vacuum line got kinked
so it all had to come back out again :(

personally i wouldnt bother

non climate control is cooler in summer and warmer in winter, id remove mine if i could be bothered, but the ambient temp is nice and handy.

BOOSTED

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Ahhh...right...gotta find someone who can install it in the Brisbane area? Maybe a wreckers?

Gotta buy it first I guess.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]