Or a designated tool shop.

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

wish there was one near my house

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so 100% certain there just t 50 bits cause the left mite be but the right bolt looks a little smaller

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Unless it's been changed it should be a t50 bit, I got a set of the "t" bits, for 45 down autobarn.

By the way with the side bolsters after you remove that plastic ring, your actually are meant to loosen or remove the striker pin, for that use a 16mm deep throat socket or spanner, can be a pain in the a** to get them on but atleast if you loosen/ remove the striker makes life easier to remove.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

what do u mean by the side bolsters sorry

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

The rear side cushion things.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

daniel000 wrote:
what do u mean by the side bolsters sorry
i just stripped a ef xr6,all fronf seats are t50-torx special bolts,get a set of bent--like allen keys, from super cheap auto $10-11bucks,i got a set today.undo the bolts and front seats come out,but its easier to move the back rest to the semi closed position to get them out of the doors.less damge to paint and trims--take your time and be carefull.bolsters are the fillers between the door and the moveable back rests,1 bolt on the bottom and lift up to unhook the wire fitting,the rest as above,spanners 10 mm and 12mm and ratchets for some,faster.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

the side bulsters in the fairlanes and wagons are longer to make up for distance of longer wheelbase seats are the same tho... normally leather seats will have come out of a fairlane so u will have to peel the leather and pull it over ur bulsters and then modify to fit not heaps of fun

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok thanks

well i think mine came out of a fairmont.

they have leather around them and where u sit and ur back rests it is velvet, anyone seen this type of leather seats ?

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

and whats the best way to remove the bulsters out

cheers
daniel

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

neone

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:12 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Bolts down hte bottom then they should just pull out.

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
daniel with the rear seats, you can remove either of the parts of the bench seats off first, it doesn't really matter.
I prefer to remove the bottom piece first. To get that off you will need to push the bench seat towards the rear while pushing it out...the bench is hooked on so by pushing it back it will unhook.

As OZBMX said, with the rear bottom bench seat, you will need to push it towards the rear of the car...and sometimes you also have to push it downwards while pushing it towards the rear. The seat has a metal frame that hooks onto a hook that is on the chassis of the car, when you get it off you know what I'm talking about.

With the rear side cushions...I think there is one bolt on the bottom of each cushion that also holds the bottom parts of the seat belt in place. Remove the bolt and I think you push it towards the rear and up, thought not 100% on that. Once again there is a frame that hooks onto a hook on the chassis. You also need to remove a circular plastic surround of the seat lock thing. It's on either side of the cushions. Warning though...when you push the cushion to unhook it, it may slip and you may rip the side of it due to the seat lock metal stick thing (sorry not good with words right now).

Rear seats backing have a bunch of bolts that run along the bottom. You'll see them if you have removed the bottom bench. IIRC you really only need to remove the top ones and just loosen the bottom ones. The metal brackets that are held in by the bolts have a slot hole on the bottom of it, so you don't need to remove the bottom bolts completely. Slide the back of the rear seats out and slot the new ones in. Make sure you that they lock into place and are and not sort of out of wack.

Front seats are just 4 bolts...remove them and remove seats. Though when putting them back in...don't tighten all the bolts up until the rails are nicely aligned. Or else you'll have trouble trying to move the seat up and back and also problems with seats locking into place after adjusting. Tighten the bolts up finger tight and then try to adjust the seat back and forth. If all goes well then tighten them up. If not so well, the move the rails back around a bit or jiggle the seat and it might just re align itself.

I think I blabbered on too much here...but hopefully you figured it out.

phong =P~

Phongus my friend... you know so much about seat removal...
So why couldnt you remove the back seats when you encountered your little boot problem a while back ;)

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2