Fordmods Logo

Climate control conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Climate control conversion
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

i am planing to put in the climet control unit into my ford falcon ef futura i had it in recently geting the airconditioning system checked out and thay fixed some of the problem (the temp mix valve was stuck) i am thinking of going to the wrecers tomorrow and have a look at a ford fairmont to see if i can scavinge the solinoids and bits, maby the wireing harnis too but i had a quick look over the instructions and i didnt see any mention on where to put the sun senser on the dash like it doesent even show it? has any one done this conversion and is it worth doing, i am hopeing it will fix the problem with my system.

mine wont select where the air blows

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:52 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Sunload sensor is in the strip above the dash in the middle (can use yor existing one)

Ambient sensor is in your bumper, once again in the middle (connects to horm loom... (will have provison if the car is equipped with ABS.. and likey as your is a futura)

The blend door motor is the hardest part to get (located on the heater box behind the dash)

Getting the loom will save you about 4 hours (just dash loom) IF you get the dash loom, it'll be easier to get the BEM also.

EF/EL climate controllers are slightly different, can use either. (EF CC module lives with EF vacuum solnoid... vice versa)

Heater box need to be cut to install the fan regulator (can use a stanley knife but need a hacksaw blade to modify an internal bracket)

I hope this helps!

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

I did the conversion and its well worth it...

I bought a whole new kit...including airbox, loom etc...wasnt too difficult, just time consuming.

Yea the sun load sensor goes on the plastic strip below the windscreen...remove it you will see screw holes underneath for it. You just need to drill a hole for the actual sensor to stick through.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

hey scotsman where did you pick up the kit?

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

from one of the site sponsors, FTG (Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage). They have a forum on here.

It was a little more expensive than going around chasing up all the parts myself, but saved all that extra hassle. It comes with EVERYTHING you need...

From memory I paid $350 or thereabouts...Definately worth the money! (even just for the 10 different fan speeds! :P)

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

thanks i will keep a close eye on the wrecers for the bits and then i will put it in

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]