Fordmods Logo

climate control help ED fairmont 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: climate control help ED fairmont
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ok-my problem is this..

If I put the fan on and then press the recirulate button,it shuts the CC off completely,but if the A/C is on and I press the recirulate button then it goes to recirculate with no problem..

So in a nutshell the REC only works if the A/C is on first and only whilst in A/C mode-If I then turn the A/C off it goes to outside/fresh air..I have done a diagnostic test with no errors present..

I removed my glovebox and saw a black cable with a knobby black cap face down in the middle (was behind the grey part-just moved for pic)

Also, a clear section of tube and black tube comming from the radio side but going nowhere...

Does anyone have any pics or may know what is wrong? I have searched with no luck and a trip to the wreckers proved fruitless...

thanks in advance...

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

aristopwr wrote:
Ok-my problem is this..

If I put the fan on and then press the recirulate button,it shuts the CC off completely,but if the A/C is on and I press the recirulate button then it goes to recirculate with no problem..

So in a nutshell the REC only works if the A/C is on first and only whilst in A/C mode-If I then turn the A/C off it goes to outside/fresh air..I have done a diagnostic test with no errors present..

I removed my glovebox and saw a black cable with a knobby black cap face down in the middle and on the right, a clear section of tube and black tube comming from the radio side but going nowhere...

Does anyone have any pics or may know what is wrong? I have searched with no luck and a trip to the wreckers proved fruitless...

thanks in advance...
Hi,
When you put your A/C on what button do you press first?
Try pressing the AUTO button and see if that work's for ya properly!!, then you can adjust to suit.
I haven't got any pic's, but the clear section of the black tube, that will be for your vaccuum ( i'm assuming).
Doe's anything look like it's been tampered with behind glovebox?, if not just try the AUTO button first.
Hope that help's you!!. :)

Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

the auto button works fine but as to wether or not it has been tampered with I don't know..I tried to get a look at the wreckers but either all damaged smashed or non climate control versions...

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

COBRAED wrote:
aristopwr wrote:
Ok-my problem is this..

I removed my glovebox and saw a black cable with a knobby black cap face down in the middle and on the right, a clear section of tube and black tube comming from the radio side but going nowhere...

thanks in advance...
Hi,
When you put your A/C on what button do you press first?
Try pressing the AUTO button and see if that work's for ya properly!!, then you can adjust to suit.
I haven't got any pic's, but the clear section of the black tube, that will be for your vaccuum ( i'm assuming).
Doe's anything look like it's been tampered with behind glovebox?, if not just try the AUTO button first.
Hope that help's you!!. :)

Cheers Jason. 8-)
Hi mate,
I didn't see your pic of it b4 i posted, ( my pc is going real slow today aahhhh!!), going by behind my glovebox that black hose with the clear tube, that's supposed to be connected,
when you do connect it just slip the clear tube with the other one the one's you have circled, and try that!!!.
Hope that help's ya this time!!!!. lol.

Cheers Jason.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

cheers mate- I thought of that before actually but the black one with the nobby end is to big for the one on the right....

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

aristopwr wrote:
cheers mate- I thought of that before actually but the black one with the nobby end is to big for the one on the right....
Hi mate,
Thats how it goe's, i just went and tried mine and pulled it apart to see what you were saying bout being too big at the nobby end, thats what the clear tube is for!!,
If i could put pic's up, i would've show'n you what mine looks like (it won't let me put them up cause of them being too big, just got to figure it out!!!!)
Maybe you could help me there!!!!, :wink:

I hope THIS time help's ya!!!. :)
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Oh ok then,cheers for that..I wonder what it does?

As for pics I am a noob, I just save em to my pc then upload to my free webshots account,then when they are all uploaded I just cut and paste the forum link into my post.....
easy as
webshots.com

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

aristopwr wrote:
Oh ok then,cheers for that..I wonder what it does?

As for pics I am a noob, I just save em to my pc then upload to my free webshots account,then when they are all uploaded I just cut and paste the forum link into my post.....
easy as
webshots.com
Thanx for that i will try that and see how it goe's,
as for the pipe it would be for vaccum somewhere, i'm not 100% sure, as long as it works!!!. :)
Have you tried it yet? let me know how you go!!.( poet didn't even know it!!!!) :lol:
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]