Fordmods Logo

climate control question 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:10 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

awesome thanks ray. i have all the wires etc from a Ghia so its not an issue, but (as i have ABS) the work i'll be doing as opposed to what we did with gregs will be cut in half - so keeping it just to the dash loom etc makes things a lot easier! :)

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:28 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

At least you're not fitting it to an XH (hardest of the lot) - although I'm nearly to testing stage - I doubt if anyone will do same. :shock:

Yeah the dash doesn't really take that long to get out - if you've done some wiring through the firewall for mods, you can simply mark and cut them, and fit connectors in case you have to pull the dash again in the future.
I take it you'll be replacing the airbox - but you can fit the components to the existing airbox, Fan speed controller will need to have the internal plate rivets drilled (x3) and the plate removed, and the hole cut bigger (you can see where to cut by shining a light on the area).
Blend door motor is hardest as the rear mount can't be accessed. You can modify the mounting to sit the motor flush with the airbox front end, and fashion a link using the old blend door link rod from the blend door arm to the motor arm (drill and split pin). Had no choice in the XH - simply no room.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:31 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

yeah i've got all the parts & have taken a couple of dashes out before, so it'll be done once with all the parts - which was the entire reason for the wreck! :)

heaterbox/wiring/sensors/looms etc are all sitting in the garage, plus i have another car to drive so i don't need to get mine back on the road ASAP - it'll give me 2 weeks max to get it done, but i hope to get it done a lot quicker than that!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:48 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Mate you'll nail it easy in 2 weeks.
Having another car is definately handy . . . :P

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

sorry to have to bump this - i think i'm slight confused about the ambient temp sensor still, and where it plugs into! :?

the ambient runs from the front bumper, to the white control box behind the dash? are the wires part of the engine bay looms? i looked at the front of the bumper but couldn't see any spare plugs :?

cheers!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
uglybob wrote:
i'm planning on attempting my CC conversion this week! :? just need to collect a few parts off someone & i'll be set!
ray - just to clarify - i need not change the engine bay looms? just the dash loom? (on the basis i have the plugs for the ambient temp sensor already running to the front)?cheers big ears!
Fraser, no engine looms need changing - the Amb sensor lines will be there (AFAIK you have ABS). You'll most likely find the wires stop at the big white connector behind the fuse panel - have a look for them when the dash is out - white/blue and red/white. If you're changing the dash loom, should be plug & play - Greg will no doubt advise you there (especially if there's a sniff of Ale nearby).
I only added the CC looms, so I needed to add the extra connections.

Good luck . . . :P

Well mate, further to the above - have a look at the horn plug, it should be a 4 pin job - two pins are used for the horn/s, there should be white/blue and red/white wires coming from the engine bay into it, and they stop at the plug - they are your Amb air sensor wires. The sensor itself pokes through the air deflector below - you'll see a hole in the centre for this.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

ah ok - thanks ray. i expected to see a spare large plug just sitting there lol :oops: hehe

i'll have a good look after work then - seems i may have to take the front bar off, which i'll need to do to fix the headlights etc anyways :roll:

thank you again kind sir!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

No problemo.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

The plug is part of the horn loom. If you have a fairmont, you get a plug with two horn plugs and a ambient plug. For the rest of us, you need to splice in some wires. But they are there - and colour matched to what the doco says. And they go all the way back to the CC unit, so no major wiring task required.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2