Fordmods Logo

CLIMATE CONTROL UPGRADE 95% DONE - NEEDS REGASSED! 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Sorry to jump in late:
As far as the receiver/dryer goes, the desicant does absorb humidity moisture from the air quite well - if you open the system, the best thing to do is to plug or blank the open pipes ASAP. I think for a regas and service the receiver/dryer is replaced as a matter of course anyway.

You'll be running an EL mid series (blue) BEM. I think the mid and high series EL BEM's will plug and play - although I think the pin out's may be slightly different, check the EL smartlock doco.
I've got 2 high series (Green) BEM's, an EL Fairmont & NL Fairlane, so if you want to try one out, let me know next week.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

Yea ok thanks for the info....I'll just get the receiver/dryer replaced...whats that likely to cost me?
Do you know / recommend anywhere in Nowra that is relaible to do the aircon snap?

The loom did plug straight into the BEM (yep it is blue), but It would probably be good to try the EL Fairmont one , see what happens with the dimming...thanks for the offer...

Just looked at the Smartlock doco, it would seem the wiring is the same.
I think the BEM may be my problem, as the LCD dimming negative line is 0V for bright, 11V for dim, and I was measuring 12V on it so there was bugger all potential, hence the dim bulbs...so If I had the high series BEM (and maybe the high series dimmer Im guessing) then that would solve the problem...

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

the_scotsman wrote:
Yea ok thanks for the info....I'll just get the receiver/dryer replaced...whats that likely to cost me?
Do you know / recommend anywhere in Nowra that is relaible to do the aircon snap?
Not sure what the going rates are for prices nowadays. Eastgates at the Flinders industrial estate are probably your best bet for a regas.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea, I think I know where they are...doubt they'll be opne now till after the new year though, which is a bugger as Im impatient as hell!
I want to get this thing going! lol

Thanks again...

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:05 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

You'll find them in the phone book - ringing wouldn't hurt.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea I'm going to call them anyway, you never know...

I just went out to the car, turned on the lights....lo and behold, the whole dimming of the interior, ie stereo and instrument cluster is DIM!

SO it would seem that I do possibly need a high series BEM? The mid series dimming (ie only bright or dim) doesnt do anything.

I'll need to arrange to get a loan of the EL Fairmont one off you sometime snap...sort this out once and for all...

How is the dryer replaced? Does the radiotor need to come out? Or the front bumper off?

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:21 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

the_scotsman wrote:
I'll need to arrange to get a loan of the EL Fairmont one off you sometime snap...sort this out once and for all.
Get onto me next week.

the_scotsman wrote:
How is the dryer replaced? Does the radiotor need to come out? Or the front bumper off?
Nah, you can pull the black plastic surround off (the one that goes around the bonnet latch, those fasteners are always good fun :x ), so the A/c guys can get to the receiver/dryer.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sweet, thanks, I appreciate it.

Yea those fasteners are a pain in the a***...

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3