Fordmods Logo

Cluster Needles 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Cluster Needles
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:12 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 92

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Will the neeedles in a AU fit in the EL?? i just want the red, done the nail polish thing and painted them, dont get the same effect but.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:18 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 823

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF Falcon SR

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

AFAIK the AU clusters have three different sized needles (speedo, fuel&temp,tacho) so if they do fit you will need to get two clusters to get two large needles that match.....

As to them actually fitting, I think you will need to give it a go, and tell us!!! :D

 

_________________

Proud owner of one of very few BF SR manual (June 06 build) :)

Nothing really says thankyou like a dollar in the waistband

[BLEMIN]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782173

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cluster Needles
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:33 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

mongrelmadness wrote:
Will the neeedles in a AU fit in the EL?? i just want the red, done the nail polish thing and painted them, dont get the same effect but.


My guess is no. The AU upgraded a hell of a lot from the EF/EL so I am going to say no.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cluster Needles
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:44 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 67

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon - Manual

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
My guess is no. The AU upgraded a hell of a lot from the EF/EL so I am going to say no.


lol, i wanna say no for the hell of it too. but anything can be made to fit, :D depends on the effort though. Whats the deal with light shining through to illuminate them? AU ones work the same as E series??

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Cluster Needles
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:24 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

doc wrote:
twirqurky wrote:
My guess is no. The AU upgraded a hell of a lot from the EF/EL so I am going to say no.


lol, i wanna say no for the hell of it too. but anything can be made to fit, :D depends on the effort though. Whats the deal with light shining through to illuminate them? AU ones work the same as E series??


Well they are red and the EL doesnt really show them through and they are orange, so a full red I doubt would show thru. If its blue itll be interesting, red will look s**t i think.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 514

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: V8 VE Calais V Spec

Power: 262 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Yeah, they wont fit unfortunately....

The AU Needles have a really deep shank. So when fitted to an EF/EL, the needles stick up about 3-5mm away from the dial.
(I have an AU and an EL cluster in front of me...)

Likewise the EF Needles dont fit an AU cluster, as the shank doesnt reach the servo.....

Have you tried painting the back of the needles red ????

 

_________________

VE Calais V8, IQ, HSV instruments and brembos fitted.
IQ, IPC, BCM all hacked and programmed without TECH2 :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:15 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Xyphoid wrote:
Yeah, they wont fit unfortunately....

The AU Needles have a really deep shank. So when fitted to an EF/EL, the needles stick up about 3-5mm away from the dial.
(I have an AU and an EL cluster in front of me...)



Why do you have two clusters in front of you Matti?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:13 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 92

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

thanks for all the help. i've posted pics in my gallery of it, i'll post ones at night soon
need to wash my car, then i'll take photos of my car.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names