Fordmods Logo

cruise control queery 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: cruise control queery
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey,when i was doing my ea up the cpiu motor had cruise control which looked gay so i took it off,now i travel a lot and would like to put cruise back on but new kits are pretty pricey.after digging around in the shed i found all the bits to the cruise i took off but have no idea how to install it!it is aftermarket and has the control module on the back of the vacuum bit!there is a green wire right at unit which is earth,then about 50cm down the loom there is a blue wire(i dont know where this goes)there are 2 brown wires,one with a trace that go to the break light switch,then at the plug to the stalk there is an orange wire(i dont know where this goes)does anybody know where the blue and orange wires go?it is speed sensor cruise,no sensor on tail shaft!and how does it get powered up?must be from one of the wires??
cheers chris

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]