WA, Australia

cruise control was a standard option on the EF fairmont

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Happy wrote:
I already have cruise on my gli - I was curious to know which loom it ouwld have had as I was thinking about how hard it would be to add abs braking.....
Yeah, you mentioned pretty early in the thread about the cruise, must've been a specific order, especially not having ABS as well. Well, as I've mentioned, check for that 4 pin plug for starters.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: FBT

VIC, Australia

I can tell you that my EF gli never had ABS as I found out on a couple of occassions, lol

"12 yards long, two lanes wide, 65 tonnes of american pride" Fairlane

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

Hmm I should have looked closer when I did the bumper change over - I'll have a gander after work...

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Happy wrote:
Hmm I should have looked closer when I did the bumper change over - I'll have a gander after work...
Yep, interesting whether all models still had the plug - It has green/red, white/light blue, light brown/yellow, & orange/black wires.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

just checked - the plug for the abs module isn't there. But I did locate the plug for the front right speed sensor. I'll have a closer look for the other sensors on the weekend during the day with better light.

FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Happy wrote:
just checked - the plug for the abs module isn't there. But I did locate the plug for the front right speed sensor. I'll have a closer look for the other sensors on the weekend during the day with better light.
Yeah Greg, After looking today myself, the plug I'm talking about will be probably specific to XH's - like you, I'm looking into putting ABS to my ute.
Well, here's what you can locate:
- Between the air cleaner box and the LHF fender, you might find a dark purple/reddish plug, which has a black wire, and a yellow/brown wire, this heads off below the radiator - this is earth and fusible link ABS power.
- Front left sensor connector will be branching off the wiring loom that heads around the airbox, just behind the airbox - the connectors for the front LH & RH look similar to the low coolant sensor connector.
- Pull the rim off one of your rears - undo the caliper and brake disc - check whether the ABS pulse ring is fitted.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
there was an additional loom u could get to add cruise to a GLi.
if ur car has abs then it would have the futura loom.

EF GLis have ABS dont they?

base models got ABS standard from AUIII onwards

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah - I'll rip my airbox out and have a look underneath, might pop a rear wheel off also. A questions though, are the rear sensor plugs and wiring part of the internal body loom or is there an external body loom for the abs on the models which had it standard?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:35 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Happy wrote:
yeah - I'll rip my airbox out and have a look underneath
Shouldn't need to, the looms go around it.
Happy wrote:
might pop a rear wheel off also. A questions though, are the rear sensor plugs and wiring part of the internal body loom or is there an external body loom for the abs on the models which had it standard?
Well I've been using my wagon as a reference, and the sensor looms run along the leaf springs, then along the body couple of feet, and then disappear into the body. I'd say you won't find any looms, so you'll need to manufacture them, which isn't difficult.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well as far as I can tell the only correct plug I have is the front drivers side all the rest aren't there - not surprising. Strange one of them is though...

Now I need to source parts and prices!

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

On the subject of cruise control, mine doesn't work. It comes up on the dash when I put it on, but then I press the increase speed button and nothing. What to check?

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2