Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Crusie Control problem
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fairlane AU

SA, Australia

G'day fellow modders. How are we all?
Just got a tricky one for ya, well maybe for some like me.
I've got an AU2 Fairlane and the last couple of nights going to work I haven't been able 'engage' my cruise control, yet going home in the morning it'll work fine.
The switch on the indicator stalk for the cruise control works fine as it displays 'cruise' on the display, but won't set at a speed when I press on of the steering wheel buttons. (which work fine)
Now I must add that I think I've narrowed it down the brake lights, as this has only been an issue since I have change the brake/tail lights to LED type bulbs. When it doesn't work, e.g. at night, it's when I have my lights on, but when i turn them off, Parkers off too, the cruise will work.
Whats going on???
I presume its to do with the load but didn't think they'd have any effect on the cruise control side.
Anyway your input would greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ford AU2 Fairlane Sportsman
So Far: K&N Filter, Eagle Leads, 18" Tickford Azzurro Wheels, Xenon Headlights, SS Induction, Blue LED Interior Lights, Lowered, 2.5" Exhaust with Pacemakers, 3" Intake.
To Come: DVD Player/Screen, Brake Upgrade... Neverending really

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:28 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fairlane AU

SA, Australia

O.K. I kinda sorted i out myself.
I'm pretty sure they need a load resistor for the brake lights for the cruise to work correctly.
My question now is does anyone know which wire to hook it up to? (ground to ????? - parker or brake wire)
Also if anyone knows how the cruise control works, in regards to this problem it would be great as I'm quite interested now. I though they would run of a switch or the brake pressure, not the load on the brake lights

Cheers

Ford AU2 Fairlane Sportsman
So Far: K&N Filter, Eagle Leads, 18" Tickford Azzurro Wheels, Xenon Headlights, SS Induction, Blue LED Interior Lights, Lowered, 2.5" Exhaust with Pacemakers, 3" Intake.
To Come: DVD Player/Screen, Brake Upgrade... Neverending really

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]