Fordmods Logo

Different interior colours - trip computer + BCM 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Different interior colours - trip computer + BCM
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hi, I'm looking at putting in a trip computer to my EL Gli. I was wondering if there are different shades of grey in the EF-EL interiors? I've seen some on ebay and it looks like there is a dark grey and a light grey. Can anyone confirm this, and how many different colours there were? I know there is light grey and cappucino. Is "slate" the name for the dark grey?

Also, I want to add the variable intermittent wiper combination switch. I heard this requires the mid level BCM/BEM. How can I tell if mine is low or mid? Being an ex-cop car its got full instrumentation, clock, and futura/fairmont lights in the roof, but everything else is standard inside. Also if you leave your headlights on there is a beep when you open the door, if that helps!

any help much appreciated!

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

chances are you have the MID series

you can tell between lo mid and high by the following without getting under the dash

Interior light fade = MID or HIGH
No fade = LOW

To tell between mid and high is easy.... EG fairmont and Futura OR to be sure test the instrument variable dimming.... if its a switch (on the headlights) its a MID or LOW if its a momentary (up and down with one click up top) its a high series

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:51 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

the 2 colours were crap-a-chino and luna mist. coffee and the better looking grey.

I have a car.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks Krytox, unfortunately its a low series, bugger! If I change to a mid I guess i'll have to get the keypads re-programmed, or is it like the EBII/ED smartlock where you can re-program the keypads by using the demister switch etc? Would there be any other modifications required to make the mid level BCM work?
cheers

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

plug in the mid series BEM, turn the ignition on and the smartlock light will flash rapidly, (the car will not start) do not crank it, if you do... turn off and turn ignition on to II, wait 60mins (ef takes 30-45mins) when the door locks cycle this means the BEM has been programed to the ignition barrel.. once the doors have cycled and the smarlock jewel is steady CRANK straight away.
now the car is back to normal.. then u reprogram the BEM to your key fobs (same as EB11 excpet use the demistor buttons)

doing this will give you the added features of the fading and some other useless crap but it wont be as simple as adding a varible wiper combiation switch... the GLi's don't have the necessary wires in the dash loom to enable this you'll have to add I think one more wire to the BEM manually to get this feature.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

Ive got an EL mid series BEM sitting here doing nothing, that I pulled out of my EL XR6, I want to get rid of it, wanan make an offer for it, I dont want to much for it.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

u cant realy tell what colour they are from pics look in my gallery at the before and after pics of my silver dash all i changed was the suround i didnt touche the climate contral trip etc but the look completly different colours

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Thanks for all the replies guys, its been a real help. From Todds reply it looks like only 2 interior colours exist, and fourL6 yes the colours look totally different on different angles, one dark, one light, so that explains on ebay why they look different.

Have bought the mid level BEM off the scotsman, so will follow your instructions Krytox when it arrives. The GLi won't know what's hit it when it gets a few modifications!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]