Door locks! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Door locks!
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

I did the jaycar EF/EL door lock actuator conversion today they are full installed and working except for the remote entry!anyone done this conversion that could cast some light on my situation?any help would be good cheers :D :D

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

mine works :s

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

You need at least one master actuator fitted (5 wire) - the drivers door is the best location. If you've wired them all as slaves (two wires), then it won't work with the smartlock keyfob.
If you've done that, I'd suggest checking out the connections to the relay box that you need to fit to operate the system.
Both my cars work fine with either alarm keyfob or smartlock keyfob.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2005 BF XR6

NSW, Australia

Did you install them to fix an existing problem or was it just because you wanted faster, quieter actuators?

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

to fix problem,replaced with originals once already,yeah made drivers door the master when that locks with key they all obey.checked wirirng but will re-check tommorrow i think my problem is in the white and brown wires that connect to the lock unlock in the BEM,do you use the ones running to the master lock or the short ones running from the relay box?

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I don't have the wiring guide in front of me, but judging on what you've said, I would say the lock/unlock lines from the BEM are not hooked up to the relay box.
I'd suspect you done your wiring around the area of the drivers kickpanel ?? You would've used the existing lock/unlock lines to all the replacement actuators ??
You may have cut the lock/unlock lines at the wrong place, as the area around the drivers kickpanel, those wires loop around, so it is easy to do.

What you are trying to achieve, is the lock/unlock lines need to be cut, and the BEM ends go to the relay box. The other ends hook up to the blue/green wires of the new system and to their connections on the relay box. The blue/green colours may be different in your kit - whatever the two slave actuator colours are.
Hope this makes sense.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep got the lock/unlock directly from BEM and then used factory wiring for all actuators the wires that go from BEM to relay box are they spliced and continue on to the master lock or just cut and only to relay box?hope i'm making sense cheers for your help so far.

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
the wires that go from BEM to relay box are they spliced and continue on to the master lock or just cut and only to relay box?hope i'm making sense cheers for your help so far.
Cut the BEM wires, The wires from the BEM (red/yellow & Yellow/black)go to the relay box. The other cut ends go to whatever the colours of the slave actuator wires are (blue & green in my setup), but their ends go to the relay box using different coloured wires.

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yep done all that that was how i had it,just found some wires from the aftermarket alarm that was fitted by previous owner,they did a real hack job but it looks like they have spliced into the lock/unlock wires down behind the drivers kick panel,will try to sort through all this and work out what they have done.

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

report back anything you think might help make this doco better - some Q & A's for example!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

all fixed i think the keyfob i have is for alarm not car(if thats possible)so i tracked down the remote wires on the alarm and used those instead works perfect now,cheers for your help snap!i recomend these locks to anyone who wants to tackle the job they are so much better than factory items.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]