Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Door rubbers
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

this may be no use to anyone but i thought i would post it up.

This is for all the people that own a EA, EB, ED, falcon

i have had my car just over a year and have had nothing put problems with the door rubbers, every time i closed the doors they shutterd when they closed sounded like the door was out of alignment.

Well that week i stripped a EF2 Fairmont Ghia, i took the door rubbers out of it and was hopeing they would fit my EB, good news they did.

now the rubber is of better quality and seem to be a better fit than my old ones.

Best part is now the doors close with out the shudder and they seal s**t better than the EB ones.

i know the doors are 99% the same from the EA, EB,ED to EF, EL but it seems they refined the door rubbers and used a better kind of rubber compound.

now the only other thing i will be changing is if you look at the EF, EL window rubbers they are of better quality and look like rubber, with my EB on the top corners seem to be shrinking pulling down from the top of the door, i will be installing the ones from a EF 2 into my EB over the next week or so, i have seen that Benj has them in the front doors of his Red beast, so i will do the backs as well and it should be better also.

BANNED

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Thats great news,

i have the same problem with my boxcar, and my ef fairmont parts car has all like new gear too. So now i know i can fit it all, woot.

So would this meen the windows are the same? Mine are a little scratched up, and want to fit the EF ones.

Andrew.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]