Fordmods Logo

door trim... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: door trim...
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB XR8

NSW, Australia

hey...i was attempting to take the front passenger door trim off 2day and i came to a problem which i wasnt expecting due to the seemingly simple task..anyway the problem is that i couldnt get the door trim off...and yes i took out all the screws. the door trim was hanging off everywhere except for the top and no matter how hard i attempted to lift it, it wouldnt budge. is there some kind of hidden clip or do i just need to pull really f***ing hard??

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

The top is clipped into the inner door skin, from one end(I usually work from the lock button end) lift the trim directly up, not outwards, once one end is up work your way across to the other end until trim is free.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB XR8

NSW, Australia

madmax wrote:
The top is clipped into the inner door skin, from one end(I usually work from the lock button end) lift the trim directly up, not outwards, once one end is up work your way across to the other end until trim is free.

thanx mate...thats what i was thinking and that how i was attempting to get it off...it jus must be really stuck in there..anyway, i'll give it another go. cheers

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Hit it fairly hard from below, maybe with a rubber hammer handle. From my experience you cant just lift it, you have to 'convince' it to move.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

raiki wrote:
Hit it fairly hard from below, maybe with a rubber hammer handle. From my experience you cant just lift it, you have to 'convince' it to move.

True most are very tight and do need some convincing, however I've never needed a hammer. Just work from one end, lift and wriggle it off.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:53 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

In the EF/EL series there is little caatches it sits in, so just lever it up from there.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I just pulled mine out an inch or two at the bottom and then yoinked up from there. Made some nasty noises at one stage, but its still in one piece. It might be an option to use a screwdriver to lift from the front with the window down. DOnt take my word on it but. I didnt, and im only taking a guess :D

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Oh and one more thing. Make sure youve removed the window winder, and the ones in the handle. Also, remove the snipper button (the lock button) by gripping it with pliers wrapped in a piece of rag. it took me ages to get my trim off the first time as i didnt know they could just be yanked off. I ended up breaking the one on the rear trying.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

if its a ghia with 2 piece door skin clipped together its not a good idea hitting it from the base, start from the top outer side and with ur palm hit it upwars or you can pry it upwards with a small blade driver. if the back door skins are to be removed take off the plastic trim around the rear smaller window and do the same as above to remove trim.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

I think its easier with the windows down from memory.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]