Fordmods Logo

EB Central Locks 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EB Central Locks
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:55 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I'm trying to find out how to remove EB Central Locks from my door trims, like the whole plastic bit (even the little surround you see when the door trims are on). I can see how they come apart because I destroyed one of them to see what the hell held them all in place. As it appears, it is a two piece lock (excluding the actual knob itself) with the grey (or whatever colour you have) part that shows on top and slips inside a black bit - which is underneath the door trim itself and locks it in. Tight.
I have discovered that it's locked in on all four sides with little grooves - how the hell do I easily remove the grey bit from the black bit - basically so I can replace the ones on mine as I snapped them when taking the door trims off lol.

BTW I'm talking about the squarish locks, not those little 'pull up' ones on the earlier E-Series.

Don't know if that makes sense at all, I'm really tired sorry lol.

Cheers guys,

Michael

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

hey .. are you talking about the grey knob part that comes out of the door trim or the plastic rod that its connected to ???

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

kaiden351 wrote:
hey .. are you talking about the grey knob part that comes out of the door trim or the plastic rod that its connected to ???

Neither, I know how to get the knob out, you just pull it out slowly and it unclips from the rod, then you can slip the door trim over the rod and remove the trim. Once you have the trim off, when you look at the lock, there is still the 'holder' part or whatever you call it for the actual knob itself - this is in two parts (the top part that you see when the door trim is on, and the bottom part that we don't see, but holds - by using clips - the part we see in place).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]