Fordmods Logo

EB Dash Removal Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: EB Dash Removal Question
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5lt Turbo NC, TE V6 Gemini

VIC, Australia

Im about to remove the Dash in my car to fix the a/c, but i wanna know before i start, i have an aftermarket alarm fitted, will i have to remove the alarm when i remove the dash, or is the dash seperate to the framework behind it, and can it stay? ill be removing as little as possible to get the job done

Post subject: Re: EB Dash Removal Question
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

BlownNc wrote:
Im about to remove the Dash in my car to fix the a/c, but i wanna know before i start, i have an aftermarket alarm fitted, will i have to remove the alarm when i remove the dash, or is the dash seperate to the framework behind it, and can it stay? ill be removing as little as possible to get the job done

what exactly of the a/c do you want to fix? This will determine the size of the job.

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Nice NC BTW! :D

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5lt Turbo NC, TE V6 Gemini

VIC, Australia

its hard to explain...where the H/U normally sits along with the ashtray, i have moulded a 7'' screen, and then where the A/C vents are above, i have installed a fold out Kenwood H/U. To do that i had to cut out the A/C vents behind, and i thought i could live with the air con only blowing onto the windscreen, it only took one hot day to prove otherwise, so im gunna fix the part i cut out, so it goes 'around' the head unit rather than just stopping, so the end dash vents continue to work...

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

BlownNc wrote:
its hard to explain...where the H/U normally sits along with the ashtray, i have moulded a 7'' screen, and then where the A/C vents are above, i have installed a fold out Kenwood H/U. To do that i had to cut out the A/C vents behind, and i thought i could live with the air con only blowing onto the windscreen, it only took one hot day to prove otherwise, so im gunna fix the part i cut out, so it goes 'around' the head unit rather than just stopping, so the end dash vents continue to work...

think i can visualise what you have done. So have you removed all the air ducts in the dash? becuase air still should blow out the side vents on the left and right hand side on the dash

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Are you talking about the panel with the trip computer, rear demist button, and centre vents? Because its seperate and is only held in by 5 screws.
You certainly dont need to remove the dash to get those out.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Sturmovik wrote:
Are you talking about the panel with the trip computer, rear demist button, and centre vents? Because its seperate and is only held in by 5 screws.
You certainly dont need to remove the dash to get those out.

he says hes trying to fix the a/c, so i assume thats around the heater box area. Which is a dash out job

^^^ What He Said

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]