Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: eb trip computer help
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i have a eb gl v8 and this afternoon decided to fit a trip computer. i expected to have a few issues once done as i'm running microtech ecu piggybacked into factory ecu.

the wire that i had to tap into on the eec iv was not touched so i thought it must still be going through the factory ecu.

the problem i'm having is the l/100km just max out (99) and the ave km/h sits on 0. the clock works and the distance to empty works.

i didn't have time to pull the cluster back out and check my dodgy wiring. can anyone tell me if its an issue with info being sent (or not sent) from cluster or ecu, and if its an ecu issue would anyone know which wire to tap into on the microtech?

my odometer is not working either but the speedo is so i wouldn't think this would have any bearing, or because the odometer is not winding over does the trip comp. think i'm just revving on the spot and not driving along?

thanks guys. at least i can tell the time and when my fuel will run out.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:58 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

go to the tec docs and look for trip computer instulation in the eb section hope this is any help

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

its already installed mate and those doco's are exactly what i used to put it in. there is no troubleshooting section.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:27 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

you might have to take it to a auto electrition

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ok, i have an update. i pulled the cluster back out and discovered the speedo sensor wire had come apart so i rejoined it and now all categories work but it is all too economical. also when i'm stationary with engine running the instant l/100km maxes out at 99 still and the ave km/h will slowly count down for some reason.

i picked up another cluster with a working odometer and the mileage seemed a lot more realistic (16l/100km v 11.5 before). i need to get a speedo corrector from jaycar as speedo is out 15% due to 3.9 diff. the ave km/h still count down when stationary but seems to be working everywhere else.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:09 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
ok, i have an update. i pulled the cluster back out and discovered the speedo sensor wire had come apart so i rejoined it and now all categories work but it is all too economical. also when i'm stationary with engine running the instant l/100km maxes out at 99 still and the ave km/h will slowly count down for some reason.

i picked up another cluster with a working odometer and the mileage seemed a lot more realistic (16l/100km v 11.5 before). i need to get a speedo corrector from jaycar as speedo is out 15% due to 3.9 diff. the ave km/h still count down when stationary but seems to be working everywhere else.

I think the instant fuel usage is meant to max out at 99 when you are stationary with the engine running (you are doing 0km/h i.e. going nowhere but the engine is running, so obviously you will use MAX fuel when stationary - you will never make 100km!).
Also, in turn, your average speed will go down because as time passes by while you are stationary doing 0km/h, that will be factored in to the average.

I assume that's why it does that, that's how mine works and it's pretty damn accurate (I also installed the trip computer using the doco).

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

cool, obviously they changed it on the ef onwards as i installed one in my ef xr6 and that didn't do either of those things. almost like when you stop the t/c stops calculating. either that or i just never noticed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]