EF climate control into ED 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF climate control into ED
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

I've done the dash conversion. All good except for a few little things. One of the little things is the way the EF climate control functions. When I push the MODE button, it will cycle through each heater box vent however its not functioning properly. I get DEMIST(floor/screen) on FACE and FACE when I switch it to FACE/FLOOR. Weird!!

I'm not a contortionist but managed to stick my head under the dash and as I cycled through each vent, I could see the large vacuum valve moving the large vent door. I thought that the arm may have been bumped when I swapped dashes however this isn't the case.

Is it common for the vacuum solenoid to fail? Is there some sort of code that comes up when this hard-to-get-at thingamejig fails?

I've checked the vacuum lines too. I have the original ED heater/air-con box and the vacuum lines between the ED and EF are the same with the only difference being that the EFs have a large black hose that goes on top of the heater box to the vacuum ball on the drivers side guard. The EDs have a small black hose instead. Everything was fully functional before I swapped dashboards too. I'm at a loss and need some help.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Not quite sure I'm no expert but I've read on these forums about a common problem with the blend door or blend box failing.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21338

Although in addition to this link, I've tested EF dash units with blue EL vaccy solenoids, and the system works fine.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Thanks snap, you are a great asset to this forum.

It may be possible that there is a difference as to what coloured vacuum line does what when I put the EF climate controller and solenoid pack on a ED heater box. Both the control module and blue solenoid pack(94DA) come off the same EF Ghia. The problem I have now is that I didn't take a good enough look at my ED heater box before I put the EF dash in.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

NP Mark. I'd say the hoses would most likely be it.
Yellow/Tan - demister/floor, blue/red - front airbox flaps.
The hose colours are also cast on the vaccy solenoid cover.
You could always plug in the ED vaccy solenoid and hoses into the connector behind the glovebox.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]