Fordmods Logo

EF Smartlock light and central locking not working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Smartlock light and central locking not working
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I've got a problem with the car not starting - ref http://www.fordmods.com/forums/ef-eec-f ... 69294.html

So I pulled the front of the dash off to get to the BEM. I pulled the plug off the BEM, and then put it back on.

Checked some of the wires for damage etc., and then came down here to read about the BEM and Smartlock in the Technical Documents. Read something about when the car is immobolised, the Smartlock light will flash rapidly, so I went to check and see if perhaps the car had immobolised itself.

Which is when I noticed there is no Smartlock light flashing, nor is my keypad working to lock the cars doors. The key will lock and unlock the cars doors (all of them with the central locking), but the keypad won't.

Is this because I pulled the plug off the BEM and now have to wait half an hour, or could this be part of my overall problem?

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Just found this, "The BEM also communicates with the EEC-V engine management system, which only allows the injectors to operate if the BEM receives the correct security codes from the electronic lock assembly.
This prevents the motor from being started, if the starter motor is "Hot wired"." in http://www.fordmods.com/forums/Smartloc ... n-d49.html .

Which is exactly, my issue, the injectors arn't working... Not sure how to fix the communication between the BEM and ECU though...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]