Fordmods Logo

EL Falcons 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EL Falcons
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey everyone,

I am new at this forum buis but it looks cool and handy and yeah. I dunno if this post will go to the right spot either. so bear with me. lol

Anyway,

I have a couple of a questions, i am thinking of upgrading to a EL Falcon in the future and i am unaware of a few minor details.

For the sound system, does anyone know what the standard speaker size is in the front? (see if i'll need new ones or not)

and for some rims, as i already have some, but will need spacers, does anyone know a rough price for a set of these suckers?

And if anyone else has some other handy hints or things to look out for when looking for EL's that would be really helpfull too!

Thanks everyone!

---

Ralph

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Standard speaker size is 6" front and back. Stock speakers are a seat of el cheepo black carboard Pioneer dual-cones. As for the wheels I'd sell em and buy a set with teh right offset or get some hubadapters.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

keeping in mind that hub adapters are illigal and you wont be covered under insurence..........and nobody better flame me for this either, i just think he should know his facts so he doesnt get a nasty surprise one day.

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

If its a Futura or above then you have two little speakers, maybe tweeders, up the front under the windscreen.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
If its a Futura or above then you have two little speakers, maybe tweeders, up the front under the windscreen.

Aren't the tweeters part of the premium sound in the higher spec Fairmont Ghias, Fairlanes and LTD's? :?

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:55 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Yeah theya re but I have never seen speakers this small, these things are tiny. THye might not be Im guessing ehre.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

We have a EL falcon futura and i am sure it has tweeters... but i may be wrong. I don't think the tweeters are a part of the premium sound. i don't thinks GLI's have them but i have never had a GLI so i can't be sure

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
We have a EL falcon futura and i am sure it has tweeters... but i may be wrong. I don't think the tweeters are a part of the premium sound. i don't thinks GLI's have them but i have never had a GLI so i can't be sure

thats new news to me, i have a GLI i think theres spots for them, but i dont think im getting sound out of them... as for the EL decision, most important thing to know would be the head gasket needing replacement isnt it? its something like that after 150,000 lil s**t blows, quite a few things need to be replaced at 150,000, fuel pump, distributor and coil, radiator hose, and all that, i think thats about it?

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BF XR8

WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:

My futura has the factory 6 speaker system with splits at the front (tweeters in the corners of the dash). AFAIK it was an option for the other models too.

As for hub adapters ... i would never use a set as they move the point of weight further away from the hub, which is illegal as it changes the tracking width of the car.

Speakers are easy ... any 6" fits in the back and you can get most 6"ers in the front bar some top range ones with bigger magnets (ie Alpine R and X type components wont, a set of rockfords that i tried wouldn't either).

Hope that was a help

2006 BF XR8 - Lightning Strike with Orange Stripes - Herrod quad system with Herrod extractors, Herrod ram air intake kit, Coil overs, Whiteline swaybars, Kumho KU36's.

More mods to come! (3.73 Diff ratios)

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hey,

Thanks everyone!

I didn't realise that hub adapters were illegal! I'll be scrapping that idea!

haha

And thanks for the speaker info. I just wasn't sure what size fitted into the doors. Never really had a EL to get a close look at em. lol. And the tweeters thing i have always thought that was only apart of the Premium sound systems but hey, could be wrong.

Thanks again!

---

Ralph

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

you'd be better off getting a set of aftermarket tweeters anyways - i've got mine mounted on the 1/4 panels inside of the mirrors - they don't look out of place at all, and work perfectly! :P

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

got a good pic of that ugly fraser robert bob?>

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Sorry to jump in, but heres another quality camphone picture of my tweeter/crossover setup (ill get a proper digital camera soon ... promise!)

Attachments:
Crossover.jpg
Crossover.jpg [ 28.59 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i really wanna know how to do it!

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

Mohekn wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

thats new news to me, i have a GLI i think theres spots for them, but i dont think im getting sound out of them... as for the EL decision, most important thing to know would be the head gasket needing replacement isnt it? its something like that after 150,000 lil s**t blows, quite a few things need to be replaced at 150,000, fuel pump, distributor and coil, radiator hose, and all that, i think thats about it?

why don't you just take the panel that covers the tweeters and the front part of the dash off and see weather you have the tweeters or not?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next